Senior Relationship Manager - Institutional Banking (Energy)
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
As a Senior Banker, you are required to maintain existing relationships and solicit acceptable new relationships within the stipulated Energy Sector business strategy and other key parameters by originating, structuring and recommending appropriate credit facilities encompassing Project Finance Facilities, Reserves Based Lending, Senior Debt Financing, Term Financing, WC Facilities etc. along with cross-selling of Transaction Banking & Treasury products & services where applicable.
• Achieve financial & non-financial targets as set out in Key Performance Indicators.
• Identify and develop new business within the stipulated target market (UAE & GCC Region) to broad base Energy Portfolio and pursue growth opportunities including syndications, project financing, bridge financing, reserves based lending, equity bridge loans, pre-export structured finance against future receivables, RCF, EPC contracts financing, offshore vessels/marine financing etc.
• Develop strong working relationship with all existing clients at the decision making levels to position CBD as their bank of first choice.
• Maximize ROA and share of wallet from existing and new to bank clients. Review assigned portfolio to maintain/enhance assets quality and control the risks attaching, whilst exploiting opportunities to maximize revenues.
• Carry out enhanced due diligence and negotiate appropriate credit packages with clients in conformity with Bank's underwriting standards. Implement adequate credit controls to ensure effective credit management of assigned portfolio.
• Making regular visits to clients for both monitoring and business generation purposes. Such visits to be recorded by way of call reports which are to include all pertinent information in a timely manner.
• Conduct efficient account planning to ensure cross selling of ancillary products & services (Trade, Treasury & PCM) to ensure multi-product relationship and greater share of client's business wallet.
• Ensure timely completion of annual reviews and regular monitoring of financial covenants and other parameters within the review cycle.
• Establish effective & professional communication with internal and external stakeholders to ensure higher level of client satisfaction.
• Ensure effective engagement, guidance, training & motivation of junior team members enhance their professional capabilities and skill set to promote performance driven culture.
• Ensure compliance of AML policies, internal audit requirements, regulatory and Central Bank requirements.
• Keep abreast of developments in the local and regional business environment to spot business opportunities. Contribute to the planning process in order to develop corporate business strategies.
Education and Experience
• Master/Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Business Management
• 12 - 15 years of experience in Institutional banking
• Understanding of Project/Contract Financing, Cash flow Modeling & Syndicate Financing is must.
• Preference will be given to candidates having experience of dealing with Oil & Gas, Renewables, Water and Power Sector clients of GCC Region.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.