Job description / Role
This role is for EXPO 2020 - 4-5 month contract
Open to Immediately Available and UAE based candidates.
As Reporter (English) – Communications you will play a key role in the Expo News Service team, working with internal and external stakeholders to write and edit content for external and internal purposes and take part in supporting Expo’s strategic objectives.
• Ensure the consistency of the Expo 2020 Dubai's editorial style.
• Provide quality output from the Expo News Service and press office
• Maintain Expo 2020 Dubai’s editorial guidelines and ensure consistent style, tone and messaging across all external communications
• Generate news proactively to push to media – able to spot and prepare newsworthy press releases, photo and video captions
• Write editorial for identified features on key topics – sustainability, SDG goals, women, youth, architecture etc.
• Capture flash quotes and soundbites
• Write by-lines for Expo spox
• Write photo captions
• Assist with social media posts if required
• Work closely with the Media Liaison Officers to help generate positive press coverage of Expo 2020 Dubai, staffing interviews as required
• Coordinate with other teams to fulfill tasks in a timely manner
• Native level of written and spoken English
• 5+ years’ experience in journalism, able to write quickly and accurately
• Expert level of written English, with the ability to produce clean and accurate material on deadline
• Excellent experience in writing copy
• Experienced in working quickly and to deadline
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience in communications planning, media engagement, and social media
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Planning and organisation
• Cool under pressure
• Flexible attitude
• Initiative and a self-starter
• Good knowledge of nation and region, its culture, traditions and political landscape
• Additional language skills – verbal and written
• A BA degree or equivalent in journalism or a relevant subject
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions