Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
WSP is looking for a suitable candidate for the post of Senior Resident Engineer with over 15 years' of experience in management and administration of a Contract including supervision, coordination of construction, inspection, testing and commissioning of the project with particular emphasis on meeting the contract requirements with respect to time, quality and cost during the construction phase. He should have extensive experience of working at site from start to handover of large size building projects
Your new role, what's involved?
* Establish a construction management plan to ensure all contracts are administered to a common standard and practice
* Initiates and respond to contract correspondence to and from Client, and contractual correspondence with the Contractor
* Officially handover the site to the contractor
* Arrange, chair and record meetings, commencing with the kick-off meeting and thereafter progress and management meetings that are deemed necessary
* Establish procedures for inspection approvals, testing, commissioning in accordance with the requirements of the contract
* Review the contractor's HSE plan and ensures that the safety procedures are followed at site
* Review and comment on the contractor's programs ensuring that they are sufficiently detailed to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the contract, allocated resources and cash flow
* Monitor the Contractors progress during construction and regularly assesses output
* Implement QMS requirements and conduct regular Audits
* Ensure the contractor liaises with service and other authorities in a timely manner so as not to affect the progress of the works by attending meetings, monitoring agreed programmes and regular follow-up
* Certify interim and finalize payments after full review and consultation with the responsible RE, ARE and Quantity Surveyor
* Prepare substantial completion reports including any outstanding requirements
* Issue taking-over and defects liability certificates as required under the contract
* Prepare projects completion reports
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Construction / Project Management or Civil Engineering
* Have 15 years' industry experience in managing and delivering large and/or complex construction projects (Hotels, parks, museums, art galleries) to a high standard and to fast track programmes
* Previous GCC experience is ideal
* Demonstrate effective leadership and high commitment in order to achieve goals
* Familiar with contractual matters related to construction projects
* Previous experience in a PMCM (Programme Management, Construction Management) environment
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.