Job description / Role
Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Senior Resident Engineer – Park/Landscape
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides the required leadership to the team, establishes the appropriate organization and assigns work tasks for the proper execution of the work.
• Plans, organizes, and ensures adequate staffing, execution, and monitoring of all field engineering activities and related support operations.
• Provides guidance regarding scope of work, schedules, procedures, field construction problems, and other technical information. Determines staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
• Establishes, monitors, and maintains construction engineering quality control in the field.
• Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
• Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
• Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with project design engineering, client representatives, and contractors.
• Maintains project control documentation, design drawings and specifications, back-charge documents, change orders, etc.
• Reviews material submittals, recommends approval, forwards to the Client for final approval and follows-up with the Client, as applicable.
• Monitors contractor performance pertaining to schedule and conformance to plans and specifications. Performs technical reviews and evaluations.
• Conducts performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
• Reviews contract programs and assessment of progress.
• Frequently interfaces with upper-level management and client personnel. Keeps them informed of the progress and relay potential problem that may affect the project so a prompt action can be made.
• Prepares technical reports and conduct high quality presentations.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Civil or Landscape Engineering.
• Registered Professional Engineer is preferred.
• Minimum 25 years of experience with increasingly responsible positions in construction supervision.
• Work experience in large park projects involving landscape works, water features, restaurants and kiosks, guest facilities, etc.
• Knowledge of contract language, standard contract conditions such as FIDIC.
• Comprehensive knowledge of construction-related processes and working knowledge of the industry practices.
• Ability to work independently and manage an entire project team. Proven leadership capability is required.
• Proficiency in the use of computers, office and communication software.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Commitment to quality and safe work practices.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Manager
Currie & Brown
|Al Ain||15 Jan|