Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The purpose of the job is to Team Lead the Resource Planning Team, create and update the Resource schedule for Dubai Metro and other contract e.g. Dubai Tram, Monorail. Ensuring that Resource Planning Procedure is strictly implemented along with the working policies of Human Resource (HR), Safety Assurance and Environment (SAE) and UAE Labour Law.
- In-charge of the creation and update of the resource schedule ensuring optimum levels of normal and contingency services that best satisfy the different scenarios whilst meeting the target performance requirements for both Metro and other projects.
- Dubai Metro - Operations and Maintenance
- Dubai Tram - Operations
- Palm Jumeirah Menorail - Operations and Maintenance
- Other additional contract if required
- Deputise the Resource Planning Manager in her absence and cover all requirements.
- Update the Hastus Software Duty Cards of the roster requirement for Tram ensuring the Roster is aligned with the Tram Time Table to ensure compliance with the Operational and Safety Requirements and ensure Resource Software parameters are fully coordinated with the Senior Software Developer and Software developer whilst aligning all the policies within the system.
- Travel between different project locations - Metro, Tram, Monorail etc. to ensure proper coordination of the resources.
- Ensure strict implementation of the Resource Planning Procedure
- Ensure the services standards can be implemented by the production
- Review and updating f effective and efficient operational roster which meets commercial, operational, and safety requirements
- Ensure correct resource levels are in place to deliver a world class service.
- Prepare daily/alternate roster arrangements for special events, alternate service patterns and emergency and degraded operations as per operational and maintenance requirement and deal with staff roster issues and make necessary adjustments to provide efficient and effective duty arrangements.
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of the roster arrangements, make necessary adjustments and escalate to the Head of AFC System and Resource Planning and/or Assistant Manager for Resource Planning for any issues that requires further management review.
- Recommend improvements to provide a productive and efficient service within the whole Dubai Metro and review the resource efficiency of the assigned section ensuring compliance with the Fatigue Index.
- Update and maintain data in relevant sections to ensure staff resourcing, availability, and overtime are accurately recorded and regularly coordinates with the assigned departments.
- Record and update assigned department staff leaves including but not limited to annual leaves, sick leave, time-of-in-lieu (TOIL) quota and claims in the Human Resource System (SAP) and ensure correct overtime submitted, processed and paid to respective staff as per the assigned department whilst coordinating with the HR Department.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Solves Problems - Identifies problems within own area of remit and takes responsibility for finding a solution regardless of the causes.
- Generates Ideas - Identifies innovative ideas and solutions for everyday work problems that contribute to on-going continuous improvement and add value to the customer.
- Delivers Against Own Objectives - In accordance with the Serco Values, follows through and meets personal commitments in an organised and methodical manner.
- Communicates Effectively - Clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas that engage others.
- Demonstrates Collaboration - Demonstrates proactive team working and collaboration with others, role modelling the belief that the whole of the team is greater than the sum of individual efforts.
- Assumes Responsibility - Effectively manages their time, resources and relationships to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Maintains Composure - Remains calm in uncertain or challenging situations and consistently behaves in a manner that is acceptable to others.
- Demonstrates Self Development - Takes responsibility for one's own personal impact and development, focusing on increasing self-awareness as well as identifying new areas for learning and professional development and creating learning opportunities.
- Lives Serco values - Trust, Care, Innovation and Innovation
Essential technical and professional skills
- Must have a degree or diploma of post-secondary education in a related discipline
- Should be highly motivated and flexible to be able to work in a time-sensitive environment and respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies.
- Must have good literacy and analytical skills required for the role.
- Ability to understand complex systems, possess good IT skills and ability to learn new software based applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Should have strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work under pressure.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world and we committed to redesigning and improving these services through innovation.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.