Job description / Role
Howden Insurance Brokers LLC is currently looking for a Senior Risk and Insurance Consultant, to be based in our Dubai office, to provide consultative services to our clients on risk and insurance needs.
• Perform the Risk and Insurance Consultant role for new and existing clients
• Assist with the “gap analysis” of the current insurance program of our clients vis a vis their specific risk exposures
• Build and maintain relationships with the client with a good understanding of each client’s business and culture
• Continuous development & maintenance of client base.
• Achieve best client service in an efficient and friendly manner ensuring that all client deadlines are met
• Spearhead Risk Engineering visits
• Assist client with Business Continuity Planning study / discussions
• Claims Consultancy for clients
• Remains aware of the market e.g. competitors, potential changes/risks to ensure practices and outputs are of a sufficiently high standard and contributes to the identification of opportunities and business growth.
• Applies leading edge knowledge within the Team, advising & sharing advanced expertise, to provide excellent service levels to clients provides technical support to colleagues and help in resolving their Client problems
• Is a referral point, providing appropriate expertise & advice to resolve issues when problems, complaints or queries etc
• Formulates innovative and profitable risk and insurance structures and marketing strategies appropriate for the portfolio of clients.
• Conducting workshops for clients
• Engage in training and development of colleagues
• Role models behaviours to ensure there is appropriate engagement with Group Compliance requirements
• Maintains close links across the company, working with other teams to share information, and to identify risks and business opportunities.
• Works with colleagues and external partners in a collaborative manner to achieve positive results for the business and for clients.
• Master degree or specialisation in insurance and risk management
Nature and length of previous experience:
• Minimum 10 years of experience
• Risk and Insurance
About the Company
Howden, the retail broking arm of Hyperion Insurance Group, provides a range of specialist insurance solutions to clients around the world. Howden has offices in Europe, Asia, Iberoamerica, the Middle East and Africa. It has the greatest reach with its own offices of any independent broker and a total reach to over 90 territories with its partner network Howden One.
Since 2017, Howden Turkey, the Middle East & Africa region(TMEA) has acquired a majority stake in broker ACP in Turkey, completed the majority acquisition of New Generation Insurance Services Company in Oman, and Howden UAE celebrated its ten-year anniversary in Dubai. With Howden One and the establishment of Howden Puri in Tanzania, the region now covers 17 countries and is one of the fastest growing in the group.