Job description / Role
• Assist in directing the Risk Management activity within Dubai Investments & its subsidiaries by providing ongoing assessments of the organizations risks and enterprise risk management (ERM) process.
• Responsible to formulate, develop and implement the Enterprise Risk Management framework & policy and monitor the same.
• Responsible for maintaining effective working relation with the executives and operating management.
• Implement Enterprise Risk Management Policy & Roll out the Enterprise Risk Management framework across Dubai Investments & its Subsidiaries.
• In coordination with Senior Management across the Dubai Investments & Subsidiaries, identify, assess, document the key risks that impact achievement of the Group Strategy and ensure communication of key risks.
• Sets the strategic risk management vision and is charged with assisting in delivering the strategy to the company using exceptional leadership skills, network of internal and external alliances and highly developed business skills.
• Build tools & processes and works closely with Business to drive risk informed decision making to monitor & report risks.
• Proactively engage Risk Champions to identify, analyze risk and monitor mitigation plans. Works towards optimizing the risk exposures for DI & its subsidiaries.
• Review implementation of mitigation plans and KRIs for risk identified and reported.
• Undertake training need analysis to determine training requirements and accordingly encourage opportunities for professional development and sharing of knowledge & experience for Risk Management resources.
• Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with staff.
• Coordinate Risk Management efforts with the Group’s Internal Audit and Compliance functions
Qualifications and Education:
• CFA or Chartered Accountant or other qualification relevant for Enterprise Risk Management, FRM, PRM, COSO certificate knowledge
• At least 10 years’ experience in Operations / Risk Management / Internal Audit with at least 3 years at senior management level.
• Experience of reporting to Board / Audit Committee or Senior Management Committees.
• Excellent command of written and oral English.
• Arabic knowledge is added advantage.
• Proficient in using MS Office.
• Reasonable exposure to ERP and Management Information Systems.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Analytical Skills
• Strategic orientation
• Strong understanding of financial reporting and capital management
• Investment risk understanding
• Risk modelling/understanding of risk modelling
About the Company
Dubai Investments PJSC is a leading investment company listed on the Dubai Financial Market with over 19,800 shareholders and a paid-up capital of AED 4 billion. Incorporated in 1995, Dubai Investments PJSC is a world-class company that targets investments in viable and profitable entities. The Company has grown exponentially with investments in a number of businesses across sectors - real estate, manufacturing & industrial, healthcare, education and financial investments across the UAE and the Middle East.
Dubai Investments portfolio includes 40 subsidiaries & joint ventures across a wide array of industries. Since its inception, Dubai Investments has challenged the norms and introduced cutting-edge technologies, pioneering business models, unique investment strategies and innovative concepts across its diversified portfolio spanning different sectors and markets.
Setting an example of strong, sustainable growth, Dubai Investments aims to continue its journey towards enhancing the commercial and trade interests of the UAE as it continues to seek investment opportunities in new sectors, locally and internationally, as part of its strategic expansion plans.
Dubai Investments' core operating principles are to achieve attractive returns from investing in healthy businesses with high growth potential; to achieve shareholder satisfaction through a commitment to total quality, to leverage the opportunities offered by new technology; and to be a good corporate citizen, with clearly defined value proposition, including:
- Accountability & Ownership
- Work Excellence
- Human Capital Asset
Deputy Finance Manager
Ziad Galadari Group
Regional Finance Controller
Finance Manager - Freight Forwarding
A Leading Company In The UAE