Job description / Role
What you will do
Senior Sales Engineer is a key role, reporting to the Sales Manager responsible for our business across Middle East region. The focus would be Fire & Gas and Fire Protection Systems. You will be based in Abu Dhabi and will be part of Sales-Contracting Team (Oil and Gas) that is focused in expanding our footprint and customer base across the MEA region to achieve our strong growth objectives. You will be primarily supporting the Sales Manager on presales activities to develop existing business, new accounts, drive sales revenue and long term customer relationships. As a member of this team, you will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform for you to use your experience to deliver our business objectives for our Middle East and Africa region.
How you will do it
• As a Senior Sales Engineer you will use your in-depth technical expertise.
• Attend site surveys, bid-clarification meetings and maintain report.
• Review tender documents and understand or else seek clarifications to either the customer or the department manager.
• Seek quotations from the sub-vendor, sub-contractor etc.
• Liaison with respective team for preparing cost conscious proposals and present to the management for approval.
• Prepare & submit proposals in line with customer requirements and as per Tyco policies and QA procedures.
• Consult, Co-ordinate with client representative for specifications / technical clarifications.
• Attend techno-commercial negotiation meetings along with the management.
• Report incident / near miss and participate in incident / near miss investigation as required.
• To be conversant with the Company and any client QHSE policies/ procedures, instructions, emergency procedures and ensure that the operatives observe and implement them.
• Participate in departmental / QHSE meetings, as required.
• Assist HSE Officer to ensure Health, safety and environmental controls are effective by reporting and apparent no conformance.
• Liaise with the Company Quality & HSE Managers on all aspects of quality and HSE.
What we look for
• Bachelor of Engineering (In the respective discipline of the required task)
• Minimum 5 Years relevant experience
• Proven track record for delivering sales target for Middle East region focusing on Fire & Security systems for Oil & Gas industry
• Ability to travel
• Trained in all relevant Fire & Gas and Fire Protection Systems
• Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office
• Conversant with engineering aspects of the system and knowledge of design as per NFPA and local codes & practice
• Good Communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.