Job description / Role
Global Village has a very exciting full-time opportunity!! We are currently looking for a Senior Sales & Sponsorship Manager to join our Commercial department. The successful candidate will assist Commercial Director in implementing specific and detailed sponsorship and partnership plans and initiatives for various deals, packages and barters in line with the overall business goals and create new revenue streams.
• Develop the Sponsorship, Activation, Customized Product sales strategy for Global Village with the Company Vision, Mission and established service levels
• Identify and develop a guest database and establish a well-researched list of prospective guests for sponsorship and Activation to negotiate with them for proposals and create agreements for them so as to ensure effective execution of agreements.
• Draft and recommend appropriate relevant policies, processes, systems, standards, and procedures and implement them after approval so that the Company functions efficiently in line with its growth strategies and plans.
• Prepare the relevant budgets and targets in order to ensure that all Global Village objectives achieved within agreed parameters and Service levels.
• Liaise directly with the various Global Village departments to explore ways of introducing new relevant business streams channels.
• Implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of delivering Company services through improved functional and/or operational processes.
• Identify effective brand associations and leverage the participation through channels aimed at maximizing PR mileage.
• Prepare and present progress reports on a regular basis to the commercial Director, to ensure all relevant parties informed of all partnership arrangements, which will support the efficient delivery of the event objectives.
• Identify and develop leads to source partnership from local, regional and international businesses and organizations.
• Efficient Planning and Executing market-site visits within assigned region, maintain & review
• Monitor market Intelligence within the industry/competition in terms of market development, new products, competitive activity, new customers etc.
• Help department director to develop new strategies for revenue growth, including product expansion, market expansion, partnerships.
• Sell relevant deals, contribute to the preparation of contracts with partners, study proposals and negotiate with potentials leads to conclude deals.
• Develop and structure relevant packages based on an exhaustive research of the local markets and trends and other potential similar projects.
• Remain updated with trends and developments in within the industry, particularly relating to event sponsorships, funding and in-kind supporting, activations and loyalty programs, product and service discounts or barter arrangements.
• Liaise with Global Village departments to ensure the inclusion of partner requirements at the events site and other negotiated locations, during the events, including appropriate site allocations, signage and other levels of recognition, support and exposure.
• Introduce an activation calendar to ensure that all relevant product launches and reveals takes place in Global Village to assure being the pioneer platform in new exposures.
• Work closely with Global Village Departments to enter barter deals and sponsorships that will reduce the company expenditures.
• To comply with Global Village Vision & Mission.
• To integrate work ethic to reflect Global Village Values ( Safety, Integrity, Innovation, Guest Orientation, Commitment, Excellence)
• Ensure compliance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements.
• Degree in Marketing or Sales or relevant.
• 6 to 8 years of professional marketing or sales experience with at least 3 years in a relevant managerial or supervisory role.
• Sponsorship Marketing, Sales, Contract Negotiation and Contract Management
• Sponsorship Management skills, Strong communication skills for sales, good interpersonal skills, relationship building skills. Good computer skills.
• Persuasion and Negotiation skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Concern for quality and productivity, Flexibility, Guest Service orientation, Concern for Timeliness and costs.
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG) is a Dubai, United Arab Emirates, based entertainment company, a new business vertical of Dubai Holding. AMG is one of the region’s leading entertainment organisations, covering radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. With a vision inspired by innovation, AMG is positioned as an engaging premier integrated entertainment company, managing Global Village, Arabian Radio Network and Done Events. Founded in March 2005, AMG has a workforce of just under 400 staff across its two Dubai-based offices.