Job description / Role
To manage and produce designs, specifications and documents for all design stages. Participate in and lead the design production, supervise the implementation, testing and commissioning of ICT/SAS related hardware and software systems, inclusive of : computer and network systems and equipment, and multi-functional systems and services.
Line and Staff Relations
The Senior / Lead Engineer ICT-ELV-SAS will report to the Head of Systems Practice and/or Production Director for line management support and projects instructions.
In supervision stage, the Senior / Lead Engineer ICT/SAS will take directions from the appointed Resident Engineer, and will give direction to assigned Engineers ICT-SAS when assigned to projects.
- Escalate issues, keep informed, advise and receive instructions.
- Lead a team collaboratively to achieve the team's business and project outcomes.
- Lead and participate in meetings to develop work group perspectives and share information.
- Understand issues and provide leadership to develop solutions in line with project scope definitions.
- Lead the coordination with the Client and other Consultant engineers, including 3rd Party reviewers, at any stage of the project.
- Lead the understanding of the requirements of a Client and/or project and specify the project design deliverables to be produced, all design stages.
- Prepare, attend and record Clients' meetings and presentations
- Prepare, attend and record design coordination meetings
- Lead the Design Review process to validate expected performances meet the project & contractual requirements.
- Guide the ICT-ELV-SAS design to ensure compliance to applicable regulations and technical standards while using, supporting and developing the methods and procedures provided by the organization in the execution of its business.
- Responsible and accountable for the ICT-ELV-SAS scope on-time delivery and quality of production of all design stages from Feasibility studies up to Tender Documents , assessments/surveys, design review and studies, specifications and documents for all ICT/ELV/SAS systems such as but not limited to;
- MSI, PAS, SACS, CCTV, VOIP, BMS, AOSS, GOS, SCN, WDN, CNE, SSE, RMS, CUSS, BRS, FIDS, AVS, DMS, etc.
- Contribute to and prepare project ICT-ELV-SAS budget estimates as well as for Value Engineering and Value Management.
- Supervise and review ICT-ELV-SAS production work and advise resources assigned to the project, Engineers and Draftmen, to validate the production meets the project and company expected performances and project contractual requirements.
- Responsible for correct and diligent use of the approved document submittal and review and control process for all documentation.
- Design and sizing of ICT-ELV-SAS solutions that adhere to applicable regulations and technical standards, using and supporting the methods and procedures provided by the organisation in the execution of its business.
- Provide to managers, resident engineers and team leaders the required progress reports
- Own and expidite resolutions to technical issues between the designer and the stakeholders
- Contribute to the "Lessons Learned" process to improve business performance.
- Contribute to the future development of the business by suggestions for "Innovation".
- Assist with the preparation and production of commercial offers
- Lead the process of ICT-ELV-SAS contractors' submittals review to validate expected performance of the project & contractual requirements.
- Lead the process of ALS contractors' submittals review to validate expected performance of the project & contractual requirements.
- Ensure use of the approved document submittal , review and control process for all documentation.
- Coordinate the ALS design and site works with other trades working on the project, such as but not limited to architectural, MEP and structural disciplines..etc..
- Supervise and assess contractors' design and construction progress and compliance with their contractual obligations.
- Attend project construction supervision coordination meetings.
- Attend client meetings and presentations as part of supervision team representing ADPi as required.
- Supervise inspectors and perform site inspections of works and witnessing of site testing and commissioning.
- Ensure all works are performed on time, to quality and cost requirements, minimizing operational and project risks
- Responsible for ensuring meeting and review outcomes are followed-up and closed out efficiently.
- Ensure the handover of the project is done in compliance with the requirements of the contract.
- Supervise the quality of work at every stage of the project construction.
- Ensure correct application of the project change control process to manage variation to scope of works.
- Responsible for the induction, training and development of the team assigned to the project.
- Ensure site H&S and works procedures are inplace, understood and used by the ALS supervision team.
- Lead the use of the non-conformance reporting (NCR) to identify requirements and quality deficiencies.
- Verify the accuracy of the contractor's "As-Built" documents reflecting in detail the as-built conditions and approve the As-Built documents and others documents such but not limited to Maintenance documents.
- Ensure the hand-over of the ICT-ELV-SAS project and ensure it is done in compliance with the requirements of the contract .
- Senior Engineer ICT-SAS -15 years experience in airports related industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/ Electronics Communications Engineering or equivalent is mandatory, at minimum
- Knowledge of International standards and recommendations, including for relevant Airport operational and technical international standards.
- In-depth exposure in IP Network Delivery (IPND) project
- Subject Matter Expert in Back-end Infrastructure Systems (Servers, Storages, Tape Libraries, Virtual Infrastructure components, etc.) and Services (Microsoft: AD, DNS, DHCP, Clustering, Print & File, Messaging; HP-UX, Linux, ESX, etc.)
- Subject Matter Expert in International Codes and Standards, best practices and frameworks (ISO 270001/2, COBIT, COSO, ITIL, etc.) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Revit, Naviswork, AutoCAD and other discipline related software is mandatory
- Well verse in MS office Application (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Excellent professional written and spoken English
- Ability to author clear and precise technical documents
- Ability to manage relationships with external contractors and suppliers.
- Good technical analysis methodology and System Requirement Management.
- Attention to detail, understanding of dependencies in systems architecture and project execution.
- Good communication and Customer facing skills.
- Ability to plan and organize tasks and has flexibility towards work.
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.