Job description / Role
As Senior Security Researcher in Mobile and Telecommunication Lab, you will:
- Work as an individual contributor in a team or a project lead in a network security project.
- Interface / collaborate with clients, network operators, internal departments on project proposals and execution.
- Propose and define projects based on client's requests or needs.
- Research and propose necessary tools / equipment for the lab.
- Lead a small team: assign tasks to junior team members, set schedule, track progress, create test reports.
- Present findings to upper management, clients, at conferences.
- Propose and develop research ideas and proofs of concepts for demos at tradeshows / conferences / papers.
- Enjoy all the cultural, educational and travel opportunities that Abu Dhabi offers
Your personal dream could be the world's reality
At DarkMatter we believe that "impossible is only the beginning." That's why we empower our employees to create, not just their future at our company, but also the future of cyber security around the world. As a member of our growing team, you'll take your vision and use your creativity to produce the technology solutions of tomorrow. With the agility of a startup and the talent of an experienced firm, we'll connect you with like-minded colleagues ready to create what's next in the field. When the only constant in tech is change, shift your focus to the UAE and lead the next development at DarkMatter.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- Good knowledge of 3GPP technical specifications and designs of mobile network protocols and stacks for all generations: 2G GSM, 3G, 4G LTE.
- Direct working experience and knowledge of network architecture, implementation and deployment of the above technology areas.
- Knowledge and working experience in mobile network security - vulnerability assessment and penetration testing
- Desirable to have knowledge in Wi-Fi, BT, BLE, Zigbee, NFC, RFID.
- Skilled in coding, security test tools, network equipment test tools.
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience in mobile network and wireless communications with emphasis in security.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering / Computer Science / Communications Engineering or equivalent
- Master's or Ph.D. in above fields are desired.
- A desire to innovate in the UAE
The impossible is just the beginning at DarkMatter. An agile startup with a global mindset, we're innovating for our clients and securing them from tomorrow's threats today. We work across teams, geographies and industries to provide holistic, secure, trusted and integrated protection services in areas such as:
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Cyber Network Defense
- Managed Security Services
- Secure Communications
- Infrastructure & System Integration
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Test & Validation Labs
We created KATIM, the world's most secure smart phone and communications suite, and we're looking ahead to what comes next. Our rapidly developing digital reality demands we look at and implement cyber security in a different way than we have in the past, and we are at the forefront of this "sea" change.
Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, DarkMatter is a place where they can make their cyber security dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.