Job description / Role
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and 60 years of experience in the region, they are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
The Senior Service Delivery Manager is an integral part of the Service Operations team and represents all consumer facing Technology services across the Chalhoub Group. You are responsible for ensuring all Service Support and Service Delivery actions are taken to meet the customers/business and Tech requirements for those services.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Infrastructure and Operations on refining and taking our services to the next level, changing the game completely in our mission to provide a world class customer service across the business.
We're looking for a strong candidate who is sharp, adaptable and agile enough to resolve problems, proactively think about solutions and get "hands-on" when needed; who can context switch between the day to day customer relationship management and stakeholder management and long term strategic thinking setting our services up for long term success; through core service improvement initiatives.
You must have the ability to think strategically, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of current and future trends in the Tech Service Management space, with a sound knowledge and experience of Service Level Management, Service Reporting, Vendor and Supplier Management, CRM and stakeholders management as well as Service Improvement Plans and Continual Service Improvement.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive and deliver the Tech Service Management strategy which aligns to the overall Technology and Group strategy.
- Lead and instill continuous service improvement of the service provided by the service operations teams through working across a wide range of Tech teams and by introducing new ideas, concepts and standards from outside the business
- Manage and drive innovation and quality through the Service Management Framework, to ensuring all services are delivered with a value proposition in mind, empowering and enabling the business setting them up for success from a Technology services standpoint
- Lead and champion Service Management in project meetings - developing a strong understanding of the Technology backlog impacting your service areas and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed with the business
- Effectively monitor, control and support service delivery, ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are advocated and followed in collaboration with the Service Operations management team
- Responsible for managing customer expectations, ensuring that KPI's, SLA's and customer requirements are met, maintained and exceeded
- Engage with key internal business contacts and with senior management through regular service management reporting and service reviews. Maintain, improve and maximise working relationships with management and colleagues
- Coach peers, teaching where required on methodologies, service management processes and coach/mentor on leadership
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & key stakeholders to deliver services which meets and exceeds the business needs
- Conduct Supplier Performance Reviews with 3rd parties in your domain area to review service delivery and drive improvements
- Undertake effective contract management across all the Service portfolio you deliver both within Tech and across the Group
- Act as a lead role on foreseeing potential risks and issues, establishing a process to minimise or mitigate key risks/issues in your Service area.
- Manage operational costs and contractual negotiations for renewals on all third-party contracts for support and maintenance of associated enterprise systems ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the business
- Definition of service level agreements (SLA's) in relation to service area of responsibility, ensuring the SLA's are achieved; service quality and internal customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Work with Service Operations teams to ensure Incident, Problem and Change management processes are delivering requited outcomes to the SDM function
- Drive agreement on business KPI's and quality attributes for services in your area of responsibility, ensuring appropriate NFR's and KPI's are understood within project workstreams
- Accountable for Quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
- Build and maintain relationships with key third-party suppliers, reviewing Service Delivery reports and driving service improvements; ensuring Quality of service, performance and adequate capacity
- Drive internal and third-party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes. Working with internal and third-party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect service
- Work with Senior Managers to ensure adequate disaster recovery and business continuity plans & procedures are in place and regularly tested
- Make recommendations and drive Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Act as senior point of escalation for any issues occurring, keeping critical stakeholders always informed in a timely, confident and assured manner
What you'll need to succeed:
You view Service Delivery as an essential part of any business and you constantly look to improve the current service provided to your customers; with a specific focus on Customer Centricity and unlocking value providing a game changing Service proposition to your customers. You have the ability to lead and manage difficult situations whilst keeping a calm atmosphere across teams.
- Possess a great deal of in-depth Service Management experience in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- A passionate and driven individual, responsible for the delivery of high-level, customer focused services
- You will have strong experience of Service Delivery and have managed a team of Service Delivery Managers across multiple disciplines and at differing levels
- Proven record of supporting complex mission critical services in busy environments preferably in the Retail (eCommerce) and Supply Chain sectors
- You have strong experience in customer experience across channels. You will have worked for a retailer with a strong digital presence and you will understand what the customer experience needs to look like across a multi-channel environment
- You know what it means to be conscious of the customer and consider the customer in all your decisions and interactions
- Proven track record of building strong relationships across senior stakeholders and of positively influencing senior stakeholders and leadership teams
- Ability to balance the delivery of an excellent service with the development of your team, ensuring we live our Group values, behaviours and priorities in all that we do
- Service Management or support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Strong knowledge of ITIL disciplines, particularly in the field of Service Delivery Management
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Strong interpersonal and business acumen, self-starter with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressured, fast paced environment
- Ability to travel as needed to meet with key stakeholders across the UAE region
- Must be ITIL v3 foundation certified, ITIL Lifestyle Service Operations course is preferable (ITILLSO)
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.