Senior SFCC Developer
Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
Our Senior Developer will manage a team of Developers that will support our brands in building and maintaining websites on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware)
What you will be doing
• Work on flagship websites for globally recognised brands, whilst meeting the demanding challenges on usability, resilience, performance, scalability and security.
• Build cross-browser, cross-device compatible pages adhering to industry best practices
• Maintain existing code and assets and troubleshoot bugs within a complex, global code base.
• Operate in cross-discipline, agile and distributed team structures.
• Operate in a community of Software Engineers and help contribute to the continuous improvement of the development process, practices, tools and techniques
• Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
• Undergraduate degree in Computing, Engineering or Mathematics
• Experience working an SFCC / Demandware Platform as a Senior full-stack or Senior front-end developer.
• Sound knowledge and experience on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) SiteGenesis/SFRA framework, Services framework and other platform capabilities.
• Extensive experience building responsive, scalable, elegant e-commerce websites
• Experience using Pipelines, JS Controllers, Demandware Script, ISML Templates
• Deep understanding of SFCC concepts such as Catalog, Products, Campaigns, Promotions, Customers Groups etc
• Excellent knowledge of Cartridge or File Structure of Salesforce Commerce Cloud
• Solid understanding of RESTful API development and JSON
• Experience working on cache strategy, CDN, front-end/back-end performance tuning, building and integrating LINK cartridges for 3rd parties and Service integration.
• Good awareness of Dev Ops - including Continuous Integration and Delivery using agile Configuration Management, Environment Management, Release Management practices
What you'll need to succeed
• Cloud Computing Architecture
• Demonstrating Personal Resilience & Adapting to Change
• Demonstrating Customer Centricity
• Understanding & Developing Self
• Agile Development
• Driving Results
• Communicating effectively
• Software Development
• Collaborating & Influencing with Respect & Trust
• ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
• Being Inclusive
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.