Job description / Role
As a SharePoint & Atlassian Engineer, you will:
- Take ownership for all tasks assigned, from the point they are assigned until agreement is reached; ensuring completion and bringing tasks to a logical closure.
- Communicate and report proactively with colleagues, leadership and others in the organization by using appropriate means of communication
- Focus on time management by timely and quick completion of all allotted tasks; quick response to all communications; attendance in all meetings and appointments before the scheduled start time.
- Day to day responsibility for the availability, performance, administration and expansion of the SharePoint system.
- Create, test, deploy, update, manage, support and retire all SharePoint related solutions, e.g. Intranet and all associated uses of the system.
- Development of the Intranet solution on SharePoint to create and continually enhance a modern user experience with rich media and modern interaction tools.
- Day to day responsibility for the availability, performance, administration and expansion of the Jira and Confluence systems.
- Create, test, deploy, update, manage, support and retire all Jira & Confluence related solutions and options.
- Show users / train users on Jira & Confluence functionality; set up new instances for business units to fulfill their particular needs.
- Working with Business Analysts and Architects to define areas on the SharePoint and Jira/Confluence systems to meet business unit needs
- Customize SharePoint to match defined business needs
- Customize Jira & Confluence to match defined business needs
- Assist in creating scenarios for UAT
- Implement change requests, tuning and debugging on the systems
- Configuration and evolution of the Confluence, Jira and SharePoint environments when necessary.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Interact with the End User on specific incidents
- Integrate with other DarkMatter systems where possible and necessary
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.