Job description / Role
My client is a rapidly expanding Cyber Security Consultancy who requires a talented and riven Senior SOC Analyst. They have made some impressive senior hires meaning you will be working with the best in the industry whilst honing and developing your skills. You must bring a wealth of experience of threats and technologies whilst having the soft and managerial skills to lead the shifts. My client are also looking to build a Threat Intelligence capability and you will also be given the opportunity to own this if you like.
• Assist the SOC Manager in providing Day to Day management of SOC Analysts and associated activity
• Work as part of a 24/7/365 team delivering real time proactive monitoring and maintenance of supported security tools and associated rules and signatures.
• Produce and maintain operational processes and procedures for use by shift personnel.
• Create and maintain SIEM correlation rules, signature creation for supported NIDS/NIPS and Endpoint Protection products
• Perform ongoing monitoring and threat analysis.
• Supporting multiple customer environments concurrently
Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of monitoring points
• Generate customer facing daily, weekly and monthly security reports
• Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams
• Analyse, triage and respond to security events, alarms and escalations as required, acting as the 1st line security event analyst monitoring the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system.
• Monitor the alarm dashboard, providing an initial analysis of event data and network traffic, making security event determinations on alarm severity, escalation, and response routing.
• Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems)
• In-Depth knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge would be beneficial
• In-depth knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
• In-depth knowledge of desktop and server operating systems and associated log analysis
• A relevant security certification such as GIAC/CEH or equivalent would be beneficially but not essential
• Knowledge of scripting languages, and automation/orchestration methods to assist in reducing repeatable SOC Analyst processes
• Experience in mentoring Junior Analysts
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
About the Company
CSG are the Global Talent Experts.
Founded in 2003, CSG began as six independent recruitment agencies. Now, we boast over 200 specialist consultants operating from six offices across Europe, Asia, Australia and MENA, in seven distinct practice areas.
We pride ourselves on our sector expertise; we have specialist teams working in niche markets across Life Sciences & Healthcare, Energy & Natural Resources, Consumer, Transportation, Engineering & Construction, Business Services and Technology. We also provide temporary recruitment services through our contracting arm CRE, working within Construction, IT and Digital Services.
CSG’s vision is to be the first and continuous choice when managing both our clients’ global talent needs and our candidates’ long-term careers. In 2017 alone, we partnered with 435 international clients and made placements in 62 countries. From our proactive executive searches to our Talent Strategy Services, we see ourselves as your talent partners, and that ethos is reflected in everything we do.