Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organization of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
As a Senior SOC Security Analyst (II), you will:
The Tier 2 Analysts perform further investigation and analysis of events of interest (EOI) identified through the initial triage done by Tier 1 Analysts. They perform deep dive analysis on event data for anomalies, patterns or advanced threats. The responsibilities of a Tier 2 Analyst include:
- Validate the Incidents escalated by Tier 1 SOC Security Analysts.
- Perform second level of incident handling, and security monitoring and validation of physical security, IOT, and SCADA environments.
- Analyze, and communicate with stakeholders, the threats associated with every incident.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to validate network alerts.
- Conduct analysis of log files, evidence, and other information in order to determine best methods for identifying attackers.
- Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Monitor external data sources (e.g., Threat Intelligent sources, Dubai AE-CERT Teams, etc.) to maintain currency of threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the organization services and information's.
- Conduct research, analysis, and correlation across wide variety data sets (e.g., indications and warnings).
- Provide recommendations for SIEM content development, tuning, reports and dashboards.
- Provide recommendations for device configuration to facilitate optimal performance.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- 6+ years of hands on experience in Information Security domain.
- 3+ years of experience in IT/OT SOC environments.
- Direct Exposure to either two or more of the following technologies: Splunk, McAfee, Symantec, Tripwire, and Cisco.
- Must be currently working in a Security Operations Environment, preferably in a power plant environment.
- Experience working with ICS best practices and frameworks such as: ISA-99/IEC-62443, NERC CIP, NIST SP 800-82, etc.
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Senior SOC Security Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||16 Jul|
Cyber Security Engineer - Ecommerce
Senior Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Security Specialist