Job description / Role
About PayFort, an Amazon Company: We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily. We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally. PayFort is a regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar.
We are looking for a seasoned senior developer to design/build massive scale, distributed computing solutions with focus on information security. You will be responsible for driving the team’s technical direction, strategizing and shaping our long-term vision and architecture. You will own major deliverables end-to-end, drive roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team. If you're excited by cloud computing, designing highly secure, scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by tough computer science problems, then join us.
You should be someone who wants to conceive and design highly secure, scalable, and robust software to address opportunities in the payments industry through cloud computing. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in software and security engineering with focus on distributed systems, web services, and high availability production systems.
Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects:
· Work with security engineers and product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide secure solutions for our customers.
· Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
· Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
· Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
· 7+ years of professional software development experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to security in architecture and design (data flow, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of existing and new systems
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Excellent problem-solving abilities and object-oriented design skills
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
· Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 10+ years of experience designing and implementing web services with active experience in security engineering
· Prior knowledge of payment processing, network security and anti-fraud systems
· Experience building and operating mission critical, highly scalable distributed systems
· Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.