Job description / Role
• As a Senior Software Developer, the candidate is expected to have very good technical skills in terms of understanding the business needs, the impact of the required solution on both system and data, in addition to being able to design proper solutions considering both functional and non-functional requirements.
• The candidate is also expected to be at a mature level when it comes to soft skills – such as communication, time management – as well as being able to work as a team player with other team members.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant technologies and topics.
• Fully document and understand environment limitations and considerations and ensure they are considered in all software items.
• Ensures adherence to professional, departmental and company best practices.
• Provide timely status reporting and timesheets to supervisors and project managers.
• Apply and follow the Software Development Lifecycle and suggest enhancements where applicable
• Ensure that the system is working as designed by monitoring the live systems
• Design and model system components using standard OO/UML designs, patterns, frameworks, and tools.
• Defines software requirements (both functional and non-functional) by understanding customer needs and environment limitations.
• Evaluates technical solutions and selects the best solution for the software product.
• Minimum 5 years of systems development and implementation experience using Microsoft technology stack
• Very good background in architecture and design of n-tier, secure, multi-channel, component based, and service oriented enterprise applications in a heterogeneous environment.
• Strong software design skills. Strong understanding of OO design, design patterns. UML is a plus.
• Very good understanding of Architectural Patterns and Implementation Patterns.
• Very good technical documentation skills, including writing SDD (Software Detailed Design) and SAS (Software Architecture Specifications) documents.
• Strong working experience in the .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#.NET, VB.NET, and ADO.NET.
• Very good working experience in Multithreading, Sockets Programming, Windows Programming, and Web Programming.
• Strong knowledge in XML, XSL, and XSD.
• Very good knowledge in at least two of the major Windows Operating Systems (i.e. Windows 2008, Windows 2012).
• Very good working experience in MS IIS Server (Tomcat, or Apache is an added value).
• Strong working experience and understanding of Database Design, Modeling, and Development, with special focus on query optimization
• Very good working experience and understanding of two or more versions of MS SQL Server (2008+). Oracle knowledge is an added value.
• Very good understanding and practical experience using MS Team Foundation Server
• Knowledge in Software development life cycle using both Waterfall and SCRUM, working experience in DevOps environments is a strong plus
• Very good working experience using GIT
• Bachelor’s of Science in an Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology-related field, Master degree is a plus
About the Company
Aquila Consulting is a Dubai based talent recruitment company established by individuals with unrivalled recruitment expertise in Global Search and Selection. We offer our clients a partner-centric, personalised, and mature approach to focusing and delivering on their international talent requirements.
What makes us stand out from the crowd is the rigor and passion we bring to the recruitment process. We offer unparalleled performance, transparency, and advocacy, taking the time to fully understand your organisational vision, culture, structure and leadership needs.
Aquila Consulting pride ourselves on seamlessly delivering the most efficient time and cost saving recruitment solution for your business.