Job description / Role
The successful candidate will be working closely with designated quantitative strategies teams to transform and fully implement their proven trading strategies into production ready automations, leveraging suitable technologies. The SE is expected to take full ownership of Unit and System Testing of assigned solutions and provide full support for User Acceptance Testing. The SE will work closely with other IT members and designated business departments to monitor the integrity and smooth running of production systems. He/She will be maintaining production services in terms of defects fixing, on-going enhancements as well as analysis and development of any major changes.
• Data Management is key to the business and hence the SE is responsible for developing suitable data acquisition solutions according to business needs from financial sources like Bloomberg and FactSet.
• Financial data must be acquired, cleansed and made available for quantitative analysis and more critically for live trading strategies.
• The SE works closely with the business analysts to understand their data requirements and then implement necessary automations and suitable repositories for its acquisition, quality checking, manual and systematic access and on-going execution monitoring.
• We are looking for an experienced technologist.
• Important is a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work independently to high standards and ambitious targets.
• Furthermore, the person we are looking for should be able to multi-task between development, maintenance, production system monitoring and on-going technical users support.
USD 10,000 to 13,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computing or in other disciplines with significant Computing or Mathematical modules
• 5 years minimum of solid Software development experience in financial markets and/or assets management
• 5 years of programming in Java, C# or C++
• 3 years minimum of Python, R or Matlab
• 3 years minimum of database development covering Schema Design, SQL, Stored Procedures, Views in SQL-Server, Oracle or MySql.
• 2 years minimum of developing Business Intelligence and Reporting solutions using technologies like Power BI, Tableau and QlikView.
• 3 years minimum experience in SQL-Server Stack, covering SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
• 3 years minimum experience in Business and Data Analysis using a methodical approach.
• 2 years’ experience in applying Agile approach for Software development
• 3 years’ experience in supporting production environments and business users
• Proven communication skills at all levels within IT and with business stakeholders
About the Company
A leading Information Technology company in Singapore.