Job description / Role
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Software Developer will also be responsible for all aspects of software architecture and development including high-level and low-level architecture designs, testing, and documentation.
- Responsible for architecting and defining the Software framework to solve complex problems
- Mentoring and guiding all project activities on multiple small to medium-sized projects or one large project
- Shift between a creative and a technical focus depending on the project need and/or the type of project
- Participate in developing, supporting and supporting of projects
- Participate in scoping and planning work
- Write technical documentation (admin guides), white papers, presentations, contributes to determining internal processes
- Be a leader in the technology space
- Assist in recruiting of new developers
What you’ll need to succeed
- Good grasp of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with back-end application architecture and development
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with cloud systems (AWS, GCP, AZURE)
- Experience with infrastructure as a code (Terraform)
- Experience with continuous integration systems and pipelines
- Experience with ecommerce ecosystems
Knowledge and understanding about design patterns (Factory Pattern, Strategy
- Pattern, Module Pattern, Reveal Pattern, Facade Pattern, Asynchronous Module Definition etc.)
- Experience with RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with Progressive Web Apps
- Experience with agile working methodologies
- Knowledge about hybrid mobile app development (React Native / Flutter)
- A minimum of 3/5 years of relevant experience
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work with individuals in various organizational relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a varied audience
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.