Job description / Role
MENA Tech focuses on building innovative solutions for expanding Amazon business in UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt. We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Software Development Engineer who can build innovative & mission critical system software applications, and tools. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. You will be responsible for delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
• Ability to design and code right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
• Drive best practices and engineering excellence.
• Work with other team members to develop the architecture and design of new and current systems.
• Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
• As a senior engineer, you will be expected to mentor others on the team and raise the bar on high level design. You will be expected to convert business goals into tech solutions.
• Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
• Strong system design and software architecture skills.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience with Spring MVC
• Experience with AI or Machine Learning
• Past experience working in a large organization where you drove high-level design and architectural decisions
• Experience developing on Unix/Linux
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.