Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organization of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
DarkMatter is developing a suite of communication applications covering encrypted voice, instant messaging, email and other in-transit data.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer (Cloud) will be responsible for defining and developing supportable architecture, researching and developing the best practices, standards and automation to host DarkMatter services in private cloud.
- Develop a cloud and scalable platform for DarkMatter services
- Work with product development teams to create and meet development and deployment deadlines
- Design, implement, manage and orchestrate Docker Container Clusters using Kubernetes
- Deliver operational excellence and infrastructure best practices whether bare-metal or containers, both within the datacenter and within the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure etc)
- Provide escalation support for Linux sysadmins and for mobile support teams
- Undertake break fix activities joining high profile bridges and investigating root cause. Where appropriate develop mitigation plans. This will include working with Tier Engineering, System Integrators, and Vendors.
- At least 5 years of experience in DevOps and Cloud administration
- Mandatory experience with DevOps Automation, including management and deployment of AWS and Azure
- Excellent knowledge of Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes (OpenShift)
- Good knowledge of log management including ELK, Splunk or equivalent log server technologies.
- Good programming skills and experience in scripting languages like Perl/Shell/Python.
- Knowledge and experience using Chef, Puppet or Ansible automation to deploy and be able to manage Linux systems in production and CI environments
- A firm understanding of Linux internals and experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of large-scale virtual and physical UNIX/Linux based infrastructures.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT a relevant field or High School Diploma and solid related work experience
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.