Job description / Role
As a Senior Software Engineer your responsibility will be to work closely with project managers to develop digital products for all projects and businesses in the group. You are responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
Part of an established business conglomerate this internal incubation platform develops early-stage concepts into economically viable and scalable businesses. From F&B ventures to mobile technology and micro mobility, you're building the products that shape the future of the business.
* Develop and design beautiful digital products in Ruby on Rails and open source technologies
* Responsible for front-end integrating (understanding of front-end technologies is necessary)
* Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
* Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
* Implementation of security and data protection
* Integration of data storage solutions (mongodb, postgres), redis
* Integration of user-facing elements with server side logic
* Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
* User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
* Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
In addition to a fantastic Senior Software Development opportunity in an innovative and forward thinking organisation, this role will pay an attractive salary and offer professional development.
* Good understanding of Rails
* Understanding of worker thread pattern and job queues
* Good understanding of server side node.js
* Experience working with Express is preferred
* Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
* Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
* Good understanding of OOP, FP, design patterns, data structures
* Good understanding of building REST APIs
* Experience working with cloud
* Preferable experience working with distributed systems
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.