Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
DarkMatter is developing a secure phone with suite of communication applications covering encrypted voice, instant messaging, email and other in-transit data. Working in a fast paced environment, the candidate will be responsible for software design, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment of security-focused products and services. Our ideal candidate is bright, responsible, self-motivated, and confident, with a focus on execution and getting stuff done. We look for problem solvers who can anticipate problems, look beyond immediate issues, and take initiative to improve our software. We believe in short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, test driven development, automation wherever possible, to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems. The successful candidate will join a talented team of experienced software engineers, working on challenging projects.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, test, modify, maintain Android OS, Kernel and FW
- Design and implement SW that is secure, reliable, robust, modular, maintainable, scalable and efficient
- Collaborate with the team and other teams to define, design, and ship new system and platform security features
- Consistently deliver on commitments on time and with quality
- Interest to further deepen security and cryptography competence
To bring your dream to life, you will need:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Minimum 5 years of experience: Android OS security / Linux security / FW / Trustzone or HW assisted critical security development
- Minimum 5 years of experience of embedded SW / C
- Strong knowledge of Android OS and Architecture
- Strong knowledge of applied cryptography
- Experience with performance and memory optimization
- Familiarity with CI and associated tools (Git, Jira, Jenkins, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of Android modem adaptation / functionality
- Demonstrated ability to implement (complex) algorithms
- Experience of mobile network functionality
- Experience with security architecture, cryptography and secure communication protocols
Working in Abu Dhabi:
Just off the Arab Gulf and right next to the most perfect beaches, is a place where geniuses make an impact. At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in one of the fastest moving and most dynamic cities on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is a high-tech oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.