Senior Solar PV Design Engineer
Job description / Role
The candidate will be responsible for most elements of technical assessments involved in the MV/HV side of renewable power plants (mainly PV Plants and the integration with substations), including:
• Prepare engineering deliverable plan to suit to project schedule (EPC or tenders)
• Develops and applies advanced engineering solutions to complex problems.
• Performs research and develops recommendations for equipment and / or materials selection.
• Ensure engineering deliverables with high quality as per departmental operating procedure and guidelines.
• Co-ordination & Meeting: Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Attending meetings with potential clients and provide technical understanding of our offering for the project and other options that can be considered.
• Responsible for identification of key client interests and drivers on projects.
• Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on projects.
• Focuses on client's current needs and situations.
• Typically provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
• Proactively provides guidance and direction to developing professionals on department design guides, standards, systems and applicable engineering codes.
• Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
• Independently applies knowledge and ensures compliance with quality program.
• Establishes related processes, and promotes a culture that is conducive to quality.
• Provides guidance and direction to others.
• Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
• Serves as a technical specialist and has knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to project teams.
• Supports multiple projects on the technical challenges.
• Actively advances knowledge management of the enterprise and provides mentoring.
• Provide technical advice regarding solar photovoltaic design and related equipment.
• People Management - (supervision, career development, training, mentoring): Typically oversees performance management, career planning, recognition, learning and development, and corrective actions. Resource Management - (budgets, tools, processes, project support): Manages engineering resources for small groups of a single discipline. Resolves resource conflicts and identifies training needs.
• Administrative responsibilities may include office administration.
• Ensures policies, procedures, and processes are effectively implemented and communicated for work group.
• Ensures adherence to corporate and division programs.
• Computer literate with good knowledge of MS-office & AutoCAD.
• Knowledge of simulation tools such as PVsyst, ETAP, Dialux/ Equivalent software's.
• Familiar with International codes such as AS / NZS, IEC / EN, IEEE, BS, NFC and Australian local regulations and grid codes.
• Familiar in PV plant energy assessment PV syst and shading scene simulation.
• Review/Prepare PV plant related Array layout, Cable routing layout, & etc.
• Knowledge on preparation of Bill, of Material, Request for Proposal & Request for Quotation.
• Preparation/review of technical specifications and review of tender specifications.
• Sizing/selection of PV module, SCB, Transformer, Inverter, MV/LV switchgear/CRP Panel, Cable, Bus Bar/Duct, DG, UPS, Battery/Battery charger etc.
• Calculation of Cable sizing, system Fault current, Power loss, Earthing, Lightning protection system, Lighting/Illumination system.
• Design & Drafting of Equipment layouts, SLD/Schemes, General Arrangements (GA) of Indoor/Outdoor Substations/Switchyard drawings.
• Review & Approval of Manufacturers/Vendor/Subcontractors Techno-Commercial Offers, Drawings & Documentations related to the products and services. Essential characteristics:
• Good verbal / written communication
• Updated with the latest and upcoming technologies.
• Enthusiastic & Innovative
• Team player, Self-driven, positive attitude
About the Company
POWERCHINA HUADONG ENGINEERING CORPORATION LIMITED (hereinafter referred to as “POWERCHINA HUADONG”), founded in 1954, is a state-owned key enterprise affiliated to the world’s Top 500 enterprises, Power Construction Corporation of China (POWERCHINA). Headquartered in Hangzhou, POWERCHINA HUADONG has its branches in China, and overseas offices in UAE, Indonesia, Mexico, Vietnam, Ukraine, Philippines, Turkey, Nigeria, Kenya, Pakistan, and Ethiopia.
As a national high-tech enterprise, POWERCHINA HUADONG has been ranked among the Top 100 Chinese investigation and design enterprises regarding comprehensive strength since the 1990s, and has been listed in the Top 60 Design Firms jointly compiled and published by Engineering News-Record (ENR) of USA McGraw Hill Construction and Construction Times for consecutive years since 2006.
Since its establishment, POWERCHINA HUADONG has undertaken the planning, survey, design, consulting and other work for more than 100 large and medium-sized hydropower and water conservancy projects at home and abroad.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
ELV Project Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services