Job description / Role
The UAE is emerging as a desirable location for professional fulfillment; it is not only a great place to work but also an attractive cosmopolitan place to live and raise a family. If you looking for a change, Etisalat would be an ideal firm to be associated with.
At Etisalat we believe that your unique experiences, skills and passions will further shape into a challenging and rewarding career at Etisalat. In your association with Etisalat, you will gain best in class experience in telecommunications business and you will become part of a winning team dedicated to help you develop, learn and grow.
We're actively looking for an experienced professional to join our Information Technology team as Senior Solution Architect e-Commerce.
The role is based out of our Head Office in Abu Dhabi.
In brief the role function to manage and maintain the operational functions to provide 2nd level support for E&M Commerce services including but not limited to maintaining high level of services availability, infrastructure management, application support, system administration, integration setup and configuration, capacity planning and implementation, scalability and business continual planning, change management, automation, migrations, advanced troubleshooting, resolving customers complains, incident and problem management, maintain the services security, comply with company standards, process, SLA and OLA, provision and configure POS devices.
• Implement technological strategic solutions and defined KPI according to plans towards the strategic goals while ensuring the quality of service delivery and customer satisfaction
• Keeping the service infrastructure up to date with the latest technologies with objective as continual improvement toward the short/long term goals following operation standards
• Apply unique operation standards related to E&M Commerce services to ensure 24//7 availability, integrity, security, performance with an extra layer of security and infrastructure complexity
• Ensures immediate detection of system inconsistencies and provision of sufficient resources, and coordinates with capacity management, when applicable
• Identifies, records and analyzes incidents in operations and provides 2nd level support to application related incidents/ problems
• Identifies and diagnoses recurring application related problems and manage solving of respective problem permanently or escalates to product support teams and work with them to find permanent fixes and obtain RCA, as applicable
• Performs recovery operations of components and ensure provisioning of additional system capacity/ emergency resources in order to bridge partial failure of components
• Prepares various reports (e.g. system performance reviews, breakdown rate, etc.) in order to support decision-making processes of management
• Prepares the deployment and maintenance plans for ensuring highly availability and meeting all defined KPIs
• Provides required day-to-day guidance and support to coworkers and customers to resolve complex technical operational situations within defined timelines
• Comprehensive operational management and regular scheduled maintenance for the whole E&M services infrastructure
• Develops and maintains portfolio of IT Service Management policies and operating procedures. Establishes appropriate control objectives that align to the risk tolerance of the organization and Implement solutions to prevent, detect, and remediate information security risks.
• Conduct Technical Management, Analysis & Growth Forecasting for Capacity Planning, Analytical Problem Solving, Information Management, Developing Budgets, Strategic Planning, Quality Management
• Focuses on service delivery for information technology systems to ensure that all services are properly planned out and delivered according to operation standards and requirements
• Maintain operational standards such as ITIL as well as multiple compliance i.e. PCI-DSS standards by enforcing the requirements
• Implements and maintains High Availability for related systems and ensure recovery procedures are constantly drilled and documentation maintained
• The ideal candidate would be a graduate in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Academics would be complemented by Five or more years System Administration experience and skills on different platforms Linux, MS Windows Severs, etc.
• Additional our ideal candidate would have Practical knowledge of ITIL methodologies and best-practices, Projects Management and possess relevant certifications to complement experience
What's on offer?
At Etisalat employee wellness is an important facet of our Human Capital culture, hence on offer is competitive remuneration, including benefits such as education allowance, medical insurance coverage.
Additional perks such as in house and specialized training, Employee Wellness programs, the opportunity to work we passionate professionals with eye on taking the Telecoms industry further is just cherry on the top. Enticed? We look forward to receiving your application.
Shortlisted candidates would be contacted within at least 7 days from application date.
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.