Job description / Role
Oracle Solutions Engineers in the Technology Software Engineer (TSE) team bridge the gap between business and technology - speaking the value language of business and technology C-level individuals. They combine a deep understanding of technology, applications, industry best practices, business processes and architectural patterns to drive IT transformation initiatives that meet the business objectives of our customers.
Ideal candidates not only possess deep experience with technology transformation but also significant experience in project delivery and cloud business. In this position the candidate will be able to work with cutting edge technologies and projects related to Modern Data and Application solutions. The role is predominately a Pre-Sales role, an intrinsic part of the Sales team and have a single focus on positioning Oracle's Technology Solutions at the heart of the customer projects and priorities. Good commercial sense is a key requirement, as we aim to grow our presence, presenting our solutions should always reflect the immediate and long-term benefit for our customers. A pro-active attitude is a key characteristic that we are looking for.
As a solution engineer you have the chance to develop in a very broad spectrum, ranging from product expertise, customer interaction, communication and general IT market knowledge.
- Provide support, as Solution Engineer, to multiple sales teams and lines of business (both proactive and reactive) to identify the best Oracle solution for their customer's business needs and to position Oracle's Technology & Cloud Strategy and Solutions as key differentiator in sales cycles;
- Engage with customers by translating their business needs into appropriate Oracle solutions;
- Present and articulate features and benefits of Oracle technology solution to business and technical customers;
- Create and deliver presentations, customized demonstrations, seminars and workshops to customers and partners, as well as public events;
- Setting up and leading diverse teams (local / remote, technical / non-technical profiles), in order to address high-profile sales engagements from a pre-sales point of view
- Design, plan and deliver Solution Demonstrations, Proofs of Concept and Benchmarks.
- Become the technical solution expert for a designated solution area;
- Contribute technical responses for Invitations To Tender (ITT), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposal (RFP);
- Define infrastructure architectures and solution proposals, using Value Selling techniques;
- Recognize and communicate opportunities to up sell based on solutions insight;
- Keep abreast of all new products, market trends, future directions and the competition for areas of focus;
- Maintain up to date, relevant knowledge of competitive solutions and winning strategies;
- Actively developing product expertise;
- Ongoing education and training of the sales force on Oracle technologies and solutions;
- Document and share lessons learned and best practices;
- Collaborate with other pre-sales teams to drive business results, enhance win rates and better customer propositions;
- Operate in line with all Oracle processes and procedures.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- Background from pre-sales, inside sales, or as a consultant;
- Proven experience working in the IT industry as Technical Architect, Solution Architect or Engineer;
- Experience with Data Platform Technologies: Relational Databases, Data warehousing, ETL, Data Lakes, NoSQL, Analytics among others is desirable.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures, Integration, Application Server technologies and DevOps is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle technology is a distinct advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and persuasive skills essential;
- Fluency in English ; Arabic is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.