Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an SFCC Ecommerce Architect to join a leading retail group in the middle east, working as part of the IT Services team. The candidate will work with other solution architects in the team to support the new transformation program, and other key projects within the group.
We are seeking a SFCC/Demandware Architect for our growing eCommerce team. This key position will support transformational B2C and B2B initiatives in the Middle East
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure constant accuracy, availability, and reliability of the groups eCommerce websites.
- Execute the strategic solution architecture and deployment options in Retail Customer Experience & eCommerce portfolios.
- Execute solution life-cycle management frameworks.
- Manage the development and deployment of functionality on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) and contribute to the overall architecture of the eCommerce landscape.
- Drive continual site performance initiatives.
- Manage site health monitoring and resolution.
- Allocate resources and supervise direct reports.
- Know in detail the content and potential impact of future releases, short and long term, across all Omni-Channel initiatives.
- Review and analyze existing applications and system effectiveness and efficiency, and then develops strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Work in business facing roles to contribute throughout the end-to-end delivery lifecycle of complex and large-scale technology solutions.
- Support a team of ecommerce developers, balancing demands of daily support with needs of strategic projects.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure the ecommerce teams projects stay aligned with the needs of the business.
- Communicate to upper management in the event of an impact to the business.
- You will work in cross discipline, agile and distributed team structures.
- You will be working in a community of Software Engineers and help contribute to the continuous improvement of the development process, practices, tools and techniques.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Undergraduate degree in the following disciplines Computing, Engineering or Mathematics
- Extensive experience in integration, architecture, build and deployment utilities, and best coding and implementation practices on Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Detailed understanding of end-to-end eCommerce processes, including website infrastructure, content management, product attribution, and customer-facing functionality.
- Ability to drive business solutions though leadership skills and proactive approach.
- Extensive experience in managing a Java based development teams.
- Expertise with enterprise levels OMS.
- Knowledge of performance tools (i.e. Jmeter, Dynatrace, Load Runner, Load Complete).
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or other related field required.
- 5+ years software development experience required.
- 5+ years of experience of progressive experience in Enterprise ecommerce platforms and tools (SFCC, Demandware) is required.
- 3+ years of experience working within an Agile and Hybrid software development life cycle preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems and processes a plus.
- SFCC Architect Certification nice to have
- Experience with Scrum/Agile desired
- Experience with Offshore Development and Remote Teams desired
- Retail/Fashion industry experience a plus
- Good understanding of API design patterns and frameworks, micro services, API gateways, API security etc.
- Has experience implementing solutions in the cloud utilising both IaaS and PaaS components.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.