Job description / Role
Every Sofitel team member is an Ambassador. An Ambassador represents Sofitel's brand and its values, at all times. The Sofitel Ambassador will establish relationships and foremost, the Sofitel Ambassador will deliver an exceptional guest experience and promote French excellence.
We are currently seeking a passionate and dynamic Senior Sous Chef to support our Head Chef. The Senior Sous Chef demonstrates and helps maintain high standards that consistently exceed the expectations of our Guests. They control the resources, manage the processes and cultivate the understanding of good food throughout the Hotel.
Duties will include
- To be in control and aware at all times of food costs percentages.
- To assist with the preparation of budgets and aim to achieve the budgeted gross profit.
- To assist with the management of the department's payroll, staff rotation and the kitchen cleaning schedule.
- To provide training and development for department staff in kitchen procedures.
- To provide and record a program of basic training for all new members of staff and to communicate performance and development issues on a regular basis.
- To ensure the kitchen is run in the same professional manner when the Head Chef is not on duty.
- To ensure effective daily communication with relevant departments.
- To liase with the Head Chef and implement new menus.
- To ensure all statutory regulations are adhered to, and to ensure that all employees are trained to uphold the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Cooking Professional experiences 6 to 10 years Languages essential English Optional languages French
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.