Job description / Role
- Perform procedures within the lab, operate and maintain all equipment necessary to carry out these procedures.
- Perform a variety of metabolic tests using standard techniques and equipment; perform related duties in the laboratory to include specimen handling, using manual and automatic equipment to test specimens.
- Supervise and assign lab staff to various benches and tasks.
- Calibrate and maintain instrumentation according to standard operating procedure.
- Perform procedures within the laboratory in accordance with protocol and licensing regulations.
- Recognize the need for additional procedures and performs tests as required.
- Identify technical problems or unusual test results and take appropriate corrective action.
- Process patient samples for testing using appropriate identification techniques and written procedures to ensure quality material for testing.
- Work Location : Genetics and Genomics Lab.
- MSc degree required
- Must be a licensed or registered as medical laboratory technologist
- PhD education level is preferred
- 5-years experience in a clinical biochemistry laboratory .
- Must have experience in metabolic or special chemistry in high volume laboratory
- Prior supervisory or managerial experience in a laboratory setting preferred.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.