Job description / Role
Looking for a people-oriented and socially responsible Junior Human Capital Business Partner to play the role of internal consultant to Human Capital Business Partners, and assist them in developing the human resources (HR) strategy for each Business Unit at G42.
To support the development and execution of the Human Resources strategy for one of the UAE’s largest, fastest growing conglomerates and their diverse Business Units.
G42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence and cloud computing company with a global footprint delivering holistic and scalable AI solutions to a variety of commercial and government clients. The Group’s business operations cover a wide range of industry verticals including Healthcare, Government, Smart City & Smart Mobility, Oil & Gas, Fintech, Geospatial, Aviation, Cloud Computing, Big Data Analytics and Sports.
- Supporting the Human Capital Business Partners, you will oversee the human resources strategy of the Business Units, ensure highest quality recruitment and provide guidance in the resolution of day-to-day tactical issues/requirements.
- Contribute to defining policies and processes that support G42 and its Divisional/People strategy and objectives.
- Use and understand G42 People tools and policies, engaging with Divisional clients effectively to ensure their use across the organization.
- Proactively identify Employee Relations and propose solutions in conjunction with the HCBP.
- Effectively communicate and translate changes in HC policy to the Business Unit.
- Work closely with all G42 People colleagues to ensure that tools and policies are aligned
- Proactively share best practices, intelligence and potential pan-G42 activities within the HC function.
- Consult and support Business Unit Managers.
- Facilitate employee engagement activities within specific business units.
- Act as a change agent and facilitate smooth transition into the organization.
- Drive consistency of approach across G42 in attracting, managing and developing talent to support current and future organizational needs.
- Use data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of tools and policies and understand the landscape for further improvement.
- Provide expert input across a range of HC issues (generalist/specific expertise).
- Work closely with HCBP to coach and build the capability of senior managers.
- Keep up to date with external trends and best practice in the areas of HC expertise.
- Build frameworks to plan and manage the continuous process of change including dependencies, risk, potential scenarios and mitigation strategies.
- Be an ambassador for the HC function and represent G42 HC internally and externally when required.
Skills and attributes for success
- Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decisions made;
- Communicates challenges and influences a variety of stakeholders effectively.
- Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change.
- Where necessary resolves highly charged, high-profile conflicts;
- Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
- Is able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organization or job requirements.
- Builds strategic partnerships both within and outside of G42
To qualify, you must have
- 5+ years of experience in an HR generalist, management or business partner role
- Bachelor degree or equivalent post-secondary degree in Human Resources or related field required
Ideally, you’ll also need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and work productively in a variety of situations, with individuals and groups
- Exceptional persuasion and negotiation skills
What we look for:
If you are a performance-driven, inquisitive mind with the agility to adapt to ambiguity, you will fit right in. You should be eager to explore opportunities to build meaningful collaborations with stakeholders and aspire to create unique customer-centric solutions. Bias for action and a passion to conquer new frontiers in the AI space is at the heart of the G42 community.
What working at G42 offers:
Culture: An open, diverse and inclusive environment with a global vision that encourages personal growth and focuses on ground-breaking, industry-first innovations.
Career: Outstanding learning, development & growth opportunities via structured training programs and innovative, high-tech projects.
Work-Life: A hybrid work policy to strike the perfect balance between office and home.
Rewards: A competitive remuneration package with a host of perks including healthcare, education support, leave benefits and more.
About the Company
Group 42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing company, uniquely positioned in the national ecosystem to develop and deploy holistic and scalable AI solutions.
• Industry Solutions: experienced team of data scientists and engineers based in Abu Dhabi. • Fundamental AI research, through our subsidiary the Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence (IIAI), on AI, big data and machine learning. • Cloud Computing Infrastructure: the largest and most powerful Cloud Computing capability in the region. • Multidisciplinary and diverse team.
G42 has an active and extensive partnership network, connecting leading international organizations who complement our ecosystem and support our vision. Our partnerships range from strategic teaming agreement, joint ventures, to direct investment by G42.