Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
An excellent career opportunity has now arisen under Motiongate Dubai, Retail & Merchandising Department as Senior Specialist Retail Product Development. In this role a candidate need to organize, monitor and control development and planning strategies for the Retail division in liaison with operations and supply chain. The aim is to ensure optimal availability through management of open to buy and effective delivery to meet customer expectations. The candidate has to define and design the merchandise assortments of the retail stores at Motiongate Dubai.
- Manage Retail Product pertaining to the licenses across Motiongate Dubai for Retail, including Licensor relationships, Contract agreements, Product development, Brand plans, and Brand forecasts. Develop ranges that are commercial, customer focused, on trend and in line with the theme
- Develop and create own generic and licensed products (Electronic Gadgets, Toys, Plush, Stationery, Souvenirs, Apparels, Confectionary and Accessories) by initiating the project and following-up the entire product development process (Creativity, sketches, designer briefs, prototypes, samples, finished goods).
- Provide effective & timely feedback to Vendors/Suppliers, negotiating development, tooling and Product costs, whilst staying on track with development time lines.
- Communicate with the IP's. Product Development Team on a regular basis and follow up on:
- New Product Line developed for the International Market, so the same may be sourced/procured for our Destination Park
- New Nominated International Vendors/ Suppliers
- Updated Product Designs and Style Guides developed by IPs or any Design or Logo Changes that needs to be implemented on Products.
- Upcoming Movies, TV Series or Social Media Campaign
- Present Range concepts to the Senior Management and finalize the Budget for the entire Retail Range.
- Manage and approve New/Replenishment purchase orders for the Retail divisions based on model stock and trends to achieve optimal sales.
- Demonstrate pro-activeness in sourcing new ideas by captivating inspiration from diverse International market and Theme Parks across the Globe.
- Increase and strengthen our Vendor base to improve trading terms and key partnerships.
- Monitor new and replenishment orders, estimation of quantities and retail prices, according to customer analysis, competitors' offer, general/seasonal trends and Demographics.
- Propose and initiate price changes / markdowns to achieve planned gross margin.
- Ensure that all products comply with GCC safety standards and other requirements specified by law or captured in the IP agreements
- Understanding testing requirements as per the GCC Regulations and Liaising with government authorities to formulate product / package as per requirement without jeopardizing brand image in the market.
- Analyzing vendor performance for sales, sampling and development, costs and communication, review/action plan whilst discussing the opportunities/forecast for the following season.
- Negotiation, Re-Negotiate with Local and International Vendors, Contractors and Suppliers to best business terms with the vendors.
- Maintain effective communication with the Warehouse Team with regards to Inventory control and ensure processes are in place across the Retail Department.
- Monitor & Analyze Sales and Inventory Reports.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team
Are You a Star:
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Minimum qualification with degree or equivalent with at least 6 years in managerial position
- Without diploma or equivalent: At least 10 years of related experience, with at least 4 years in managerial position
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Theme Park Retail Environment
- Minimum 4 years of experience in international procurement
- International Business experience
- English Proficiency (reading, writing and speaking)
- Understanding of Logistics (Import - Export)
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Communication & Negotiation skills
- Results Oriented & Enthusiastic
- Ability to multi task, problem solve and possess sound judgement skills
- Strong hospitality acumen and demonstrates knowledge of theme park operations terminology, tools, tactics, principles and practices, as relevant to the successful delivery of the individual role
- Working with People, Adhering to Principles & Values, Writing & Reporting, Applying Expertise & Technology, Learning & Researching, Planning & Organizing, Delivering results and meeting customer satisfaction, Following instructions & Procedures
- Large scale resort or theme park experience
- Basic knowledge of Marketing strategies
- Basic of knowledge of Visual Merchandising Essential
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Senior Specialist - Commercial Buyer & Merchandiser
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Senior Manager - Retail Leasing
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Purchase/Procurement Officer for a Leading FMCG Manufacturing Company
RTC-1 Employment Services
Procurement / Purchasing Manager
Subgate Interior & Design