Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organization of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
- You will be part of DM User Experience Design team to build new generation phone user interface and applications for Desktop, Web and Mobile devices. Shift the paradigm to create applications that optimize the connection of users, data and software in ways that reflect expectations of direct manipulation, real time feedback and simple yet powerful visualizations. Work closely with other designers, product managers, program managers, developers, quality engineers, and many more groups to turn your ideas into products.
In this role, you will:
- Work with UX designers and UI developers to design the visual aspects of product user interfaces
- Articulate complex visuals through simple, elegant designs
- Work on multiple projects at a time, using strong communication and presentation skills to manage time and expectations appropriately
- Help promote best practices in design, usability and accessibility within the teams and across the company.
- Work closely with software engineering team as well as key customer stakeholders to follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
- Research and showcase knowledge in industry trends and latest technologies across mobile and desktop.
- Improve your designs with feedback from other designers, engineers and management.
- Follow through with engineers as your feature gets built to the highest standards.
To bring your dream to life, you will need:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a visual designer, graphic designer or similar role.
- A solid understanding of digital art processes and assets production.
- An online portfolio or work samples demonstrating a range of artifacts developed in creating a variety of compelling user-centered design solutions.
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end digital products within a cross-functional team environment with an iterative approach that leverages quantitative and qualitative measurement.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in digital design, graphic design or equivalent professional experience.
- Proven ability in a variety of design tools such as Adobe design suite and Sketch.
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
- Experience in designing localization friendly UI for Arabic users
- Experience working with agile development teams (agile/scrum).
- Fluent in English with a proven track record of presenting to and influencing senior management.
Working in Abu Dhabi:
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true. At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.