Job description / Role
Who we are:
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing:
Our Strategy Manager will support the Head of Strategy in driving strategy planning efforts at Group level and across business units.
- He/She will actively participate in maintaining the Group's competitive advantage.
- Accompanying Group's management in defining the Group's long-term vision, related directions and strategic plan
- Ensuring the implementation of the Group's strategic plan
- Supporting relevant business units in the development of their strategic plans
- Assessing progress/success in/ of the aforementioned plans
- Participate in defining the Group's long-term strategy (and related directions, priorities)
- Support the Group in defining its 3-year plan and drive its execution
- Be able to assess the Group's operational and strategic performance
- Align processes, resources-planning and department goals with overall strategy
- Provide support and insight into significant organisational and operational changes where appropriate
- Drive Group and business units' medium to long-term strategic planning
- Supervise and ensure roll-out of plans across businesses
- Drive the strategic thinking of small brands within the Group
- Follow progress on quarterly basis through regular meetings
- Support on transverse projects and strategic initiatives
- Support Group strategic initiatives and new ventures through analysis, advisory
- Financial and business analysis
- Educate and accompany senior executives and commercial teams in making effective decisions
- Interact and work with C-Levels
- Construct forecasts and analytical models whilst building business recommendations accordingly
- Liaise and collaborate closely with Intelligence teams to leverage data and insights
What you'll need to succeed:
- Proven experience as a Strategic Planner or Business Consultant (at least 6 years)
- Experience in a professional services firm with strategy consulting experience preferred
- Experience in strategy design & implementation, organisational assessment, performance management and business process reengineering
- Understanding of market research and data analysis
- Knowledge of business operations and procedures
- Demonstrable strategic thinking abilities
- Sharp analytical mind with proven experience in applying well-developed problem-solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people across all levels in an organisation
- Comfortable with significant stakeholder interaction and interest in building relationships
- Strong interest in driving strategic plans and measuring success
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Creating and analysing financial and budget reports
- Organisational and leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as listening and interpretation skills
- Creating presentations and data visualisations to present to decision makers
- Graduate of a top-tier university - MBA or an equivalent master's degree (Business Administration, Management, Finance or a related field
- Prior experience in managing projects
- Ability in coaching others
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.