Job description / Role
Senior Structural Engineer (Construction) - Infrastructure/Bridges
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons provides construction supervision consultancy to a flagship infrastructure project in Dubai, UAE. The planned development encompasses commercial districts linked by leisure developments that expand into further residential neighborhoods and parks in an area of approximately 400 hectares. Scope of work includes internal roads, external highway intersections, bridges, street lighting, electrical (HV and LV) networks, district cooling, potable water, sewerage, storm water drainage networks, waste management and other structures and infrastructure works.
• Sets up and manages the review of contractor submittals for all roads, bridges and structural aspects of the construction phase with respect to adherence to the design criteria and required standards.
• Coordinates the schedule for contractor submittals and construction issues for assigned construction works to maintain the overall construction schedule, alerts senior management of potential delays.
• Ensures contractor compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
• Assists the Resident Engineer or Construction Manager in reviewing of shop drawings, design proposals, method statements and other activities.
• Participates in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the construction management team, and the project safety representatives.
• Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for the assigned project elements, monitoring progress to maintain those schedules and budgets.
• Interfaces with Procurement and Subcontracts to facilitate procurement coordination with vendors/subcontractors.
• Assists in bid analysis to help determine supplier availability and capability.
• Prepares technical reports, project manuals, and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
• Gives practical advice on constructional matters.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Structural Engineering or related discipline.
• 15 years of relevant experience in construction supervision of infrastructure projects with extensive bridges works.
• Preferably with experience working on similar projects in Dubai.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to area of assignment.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.