Job description / Role
Our Architectural & Engineering Consultancy requires a Dubai Municipality approved Structural Engineer to be based in their Dubai office, highly committed, responsible and creative individual, have excellent interpersonal skills and work well under pressure, have the ability to design various structures as well as supervise the site work.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Great Knowledge in structural design codes, standards and regulations of
• Local Authorities and capable to obtain their approvals.
• A team member and a team leader to design and produce structural design sketches and full detailed set of structural drawings and documents for various height level of buildings, preparing the tender drawings, reviewing the contractors’ design models, calculations and workshop drawings, and provide full coordination with other disciplines.
• Highly capable to deal with issues on site and provide proper and fast solutions.
• Capable of preparing technical reports and presentations, skillful in communications.
• Coordination and follow up for Client’s approvals
• Good knowledge and capable of motivating the staff innovation and creativity by providing scheduled training, monitoring the performance, and understanding their personal capabilities.
• Flexible, goal oriented, hard worker.
• Liaising directly with clients and assist clients in achieving their aspirations.
• Review and check designs and drawings.
• Coordinate designs with both internal design teams, other design contractors / vendors.
• Perform for any other assignments in relation to the Structural Department
• Bachelors degree in engineering - Structural Engineering
• Minimum 8-10 years experience in structural design for building projects
• Concrete, Steel, precast design experience and knowledge
• Seismic analysis
• Revit and CAD experience
• Have consultancy based design experience
• Have experience in the GCC
• Currently resides in the UAE
• Be Dubai Municipality Approved or Certified To either G + 4 or G + 12
• Construction site inspections and coordination is a plus.
• Master in Construction management is a plus
• Member of UAE Engineers Society – Dubai
• Driving license in UAE
• Good knowledge in using the software for structural design such as
• ETAB, Safe, SAP, S-concrete, Concise beam and Prokon software in additional to Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Revit.
About the Company
Established in 2015 ZAD Studio is an Architecture, Landscape and Interior Architecture Design studio based in downtown Dubai.
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Senior Structural Engineer
Al Ain Consulting Engineers
|Abu Dhabi||22 Jun|
Senior Civil Engineer / Inspector
Dar Al Handasah Nazih Taleb & Partners (DAHNT)
|Abu Dhabi||3 May|
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|