Job description / Role
The Senior Structural Integrity Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the safety and reliability of various structures used in industries such as oil and gas, petrochemical, and civil engineering. They will lead structural analyses, develop and implement inspection and maintenance programs, and ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards. The ideal candidate will have expertise in pushover analysis, in-place analysis, and fatigue analysis, as well as operational experience in inspection and addressing operational challenges.
- Lead structural analyses using software tools such as SACS to ensure structural integrity, safety, and regulatory compliance, with a focus on pushover analysis, in-place analysis, and fatigue analysis.
- Develop and implement structural inspection and maintenance programs to ensure continued safe and reliable operation of structures, drawing on operational experience to address potential challenges.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop risk mitigation strategies for structures in various environments.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
- Participate in design reviews and provide expert input on structural integrity and safety issues.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Manage and oversee complex projects related to structural integrity.
- Support Digital Team with specification and guidance to build alpha-phe SIMS / RBI / FFS Software for Offshore and Onshore Structures
- BSc or higher in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in industries such as oil and gas, petrochemical, and civil engineering, including operational experience in inspection and addressing operational challenges.
- Strong knowledge of applicable international codes and standards such as API, AISC, ISO, etc., including API RP2SIM and ISO 19902 for Structural Integrity Management (SIM).
- Expertise in pushover analysis, in-place analysis, and fatigue analysis using software tools such as SACS and USFOS.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred.
About the Company
Ankaa Consulting provides a range of risk management services to production and processing industries. Our clients are mainly, though not exclusively, in the upstream and downstream oil and gas sector. We aim to provide our client’s with appropriate tools that enable them to define, measure, monitor, control and report the technical risk profile of their business throughout the asset life cycle. We have a dedicated technical team with broad knowledge, and extensive experience, in the design and operation of all sectors of the oil and gas, chemical and related process industries.
Our knowledge and technology based approach, our attention to our client’s needs, and our dedication to producing high quality deliverable enable us to provide focused, comprehensive and practical solutions to our client’s challenges.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||8 Jun|