Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco has been supporting the Australian Defence Force (ADF) in the Middle East under the existing MELABS contract since 2011. Serco will provide 21 service lines, including catering, waste disposal, facilities and ground maintenance, laundry, transport management, procurement and welfare services in support of ADF bases primarily in the United Arab Emirates. Serco is looking to hire a Senior Support Services Supervisor for their MELABS contract. The purpose of this position is to supervise daily activities for asset hire and off hire, asset maintenance, green fleet maintenance operations, road movement operations, customer pool fleet management and oversee waste management and ground re-fuelling services. This position is responsible for supervising asset hire operations and Road Movement operations across multiple countries in the Middle East region.
- Asset Hire and Management in Iraq & Afghanistan
- Supervise asset hire services in all applicable countries across the Middle East Region
- Supervise asset maintenance services including scheduling in the various applicable countries
- Supervise to ensure timely delivery of assets as specified by the client
- Maintain the asset management system and maintenance of the register of hired assets
- Supervise all relevant Subcontractors in all relevant locations
- ADF UAV Fleet Management in Iraq & Afghanistan
- Supervise maintenance of client owned assets including scheduling in all applicable countries across the Middle East Region
- Supervise in the various applicable countries
- Supervise all relevant Subcontractors in all relevant locations to ensure timely maintenance and return of client owned assets
- Maintain the asset management system in CAFM and maintenance of the register of client owned assets
- Road Movement Service in AMAB & ADAB
- Process Application for Letters of No Objection and Age Dispensations for customers
- Conduct RSO Brief on UAE Road Law, Licencing and Vehicle Qualifications
- Supervise and manage UAE Licence process for customers, including payment of licence fees and escorting members to RTA
- Supervise maintenance of client authorised driver register
- Supervision of the Waste & Fuel Coordinator for
- Waste Management Services operations in accordance with the Waste Management Plan (WMP)
- Ground Re-Fuelling Services operations in accordance with the client regulatory procedure and the MELABS contractual requirements
- Oversea the subcontractors providing the Waste Management Services and Ground Re-fuelling services in absence of Waste & Fuel Coordinator
- Report Requirements
- Ensure the waste removal data and ground re-fuelling data capturing process is followed and completed
- Ensure the month end reports are captured and submitted to finance team on timed and completed
- Supervision of all CAFM records are updated and resolved with in SLA's
- Maintain monthly vehicle usage report using AD049 data
- Maintain Authorised driver register
- Manage the customer pool fleet by ensuring all vehicles are maintain in clean conditions, schedule vehicle booking to ensure no conflict, provide all reported related to pool fleet and road fines
- Deputize for Support Services Manager in his absence
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supervising a fleet of at least 50+ hired assets in the Middle East region is essential
- Experience supervising a team of admin personnel is essential
- Experience administering ground refuelling and waste management services in the
- UAE is essential
- Experience administering driver licensing (RTA) processes in the UAE is essential
- Experience supervising asset, waste and fuel subcontractors is essential
- Experience dealing with a Defence Force client in Iraq, Afghanistan and UAE is essential
- Experience use of CAFM systems is essential
- Possess knowledge of vehicle fleet asset hire in the Middle East
- Possess knowledge of waste management processes in the UAE
- Possess knowledge of ground refuelling operational processes in the UAE
- Possess knowledge of driver licensing (RTA) processes in the UAE
- Possess the ability to analyse data and issue report findings
- Possess a current valid UAE driving licence
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.