Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
Reporting to Regional EUC Manager, the Senior Systems Engineer's role is to ensure stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
What you'll be doing
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Measure the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's disaster recovery.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts. Provide improvement recommendations to the Infrastructure Manager
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Be full adverse with IaaS capabilities, with proven skills in the following areas: Server, Network, Switching, VMware
- Will contribute to the design and implementation of Infrastructure projects
- Working with off-site systems/network and regional support team to ensure the day-to-day operation, monitoring, maintenance and improvement of the corporate IT Infrastructure, this will include; Desktop, Physical & Virtual Server Estate, Local Area Network, Telephony and any other associated IT Infrastructure.
- Taking the lead on the corporate hardware design to support on-premises solutions and ensure design documentation captures hardware and system architecture, system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Drive automation to reduce failures, manual tasks and therefore improving overall performance and availability
- Perform systems administration activities to ensure the smooth operation of applications across multiple platforms
What you'll need to succeed
- University Degree in computer applications
- 5 - 8 years as System Engineer
- Being inclusive
- Collaborating & Influencing with respects & trusts
- Communicating effectively
- Demonstrating Customer Centricity
- Demonstrating Personal Resilience & Adapting to change
- Driving results
- Technical background
- Understanding & Developing self
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.