Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class [technical/data/analytics] capability. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Our Senior Tech Project Manager is responsible for working directly with IT Stakeholders, Business Stakeholders and other Internal/External teams to ensure projects are delivered successfully on time, on budget and with quality using either traditional waterfall or Agile Scrum methodologies.
What you'll be doing
- Follow all relevant PMO policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of project
- Deliver projects on-time, within scope and within budget, by minimizing and mitigating project risks
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Understand customer, business and stakeholder needs, define priorities and propose solutions (scope, dependencies, risks, budget, schedule...etc.).
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Orchestrate the test activities on the project to ensure deliverables are of high quality
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Provide detailed, concise and accurate project reporting
- Manage the relationship with the business stakeholders, internal resources and external vendors
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Deliver project in both Agile (preferably) Scrum and Waterfall methodologies
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
What you'll need to succeed
- Several years of Project Management experience using both waterfall and agile methodologies Agile(e.g. Scrum) experience
- University Degree in Computing, Engineering or PMP, PRINCE II, Agile Scrum certifications
- The ideal candidate comes from a Consulting background and has experience working on a digital projects such as Ecom, Omnichannel, CRM, Loyalty, etc.
- On site experience with clients is a must
- Retail Industry experience is a must
- Proactive with analytical skills with high attention to detail and ownership
- Tooling - comfortable with MS Project, experience with JIRA is preferred
- Vast knowledge of current/emerging Technical/Digital technologies, software and relevant processes
- Excellent time and resource management skills; can manage multiple projects simultaneously without difficulty in various geographic locations if necessary
- Enjoys high pace, demanding, performance driven environment
- Collaborative nature and easy-going personality
What we can offer you
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.