Job description / Role
Job Purpose - Mission:
Ecocoast, global leader in engineered solutions for sustainable coastal and marine development, is looking for a talented and driven Senior Technical Engineer.
Technical depth and a customer-first mentality, with the passion to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, provide technical support and advice for the development, testing and deployment of marine products globally. The role will cover the application of accepted marine technology and standards in accordance with the company procedure and marine industry practices. The role will lead product development, company engineering product support and aftersales engagement, engineering fabrication processes support, by managing strong relationships with internal customers, partners, suppliers and clients.
What does the role involve?
• Performs engineering assignments involving the design, development, customizations, testing, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of marine products.
• Provide well-thought out and reliable technical support and advice on suitable product to the sales team.
• Meet or exceed client expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer technical experience with Ecocoast.
• The role will require problem-solving approach whilst delivering to exacting timelines and budgets.
• Collaborate with production to ensure manufacturability and execution of build.
• Provide technical leadership by coaching and directing the work of the less experienced colleagues.
• Provide assistance and guidance during development of new products and improvement of existing.
Experience & Qualifications:
• 5-10 years’ experience in technical sales support and/or customer product support, in marine industry is a plus.
• Experience in developing new products relating to marine protection, navigation, recreation, safety & security, and pollution management.
• Experience in fabrication methodologies and systems.
• Proven track record in delivering projects focused on product development, engineering and/or research.
• Broad knowledge and technical understanding of main materials used in marine environment (steel, PVC/PU coasted fabrics, geotextile, etc.) gained in the marine or similar industry, and ideally with experience in the field of marine products.
• A professional engineering qualification leading to Mechanical, Marine, and/or Coastal are preferred.
• Has a deep knowledge of our products, their application and performance to efficiently prepare quotations and submittals, and make recommendations to our clients and the sales team on the best use and design for Ecocoast products.
About the Company
Ecocoast is a global leader in engineered products for the protection of coastlines, waterways and floating structures.
Ecocoast is at the forefront of designing, manufacturing and distributing globally a range of marine products for coastal and marine protection, demarcation and navigation. Early 2020, we acquired Bolina, the European leader in marine safety, security and environment booms for inland waterways, ports, dams and critical infrastructure.
Our core purpose is to pioneer. Everything we do is either the first to market or an evolution of an existing idea. By doing this, we will help solve the world’s most pressing marine problems and create a more pioneering marine industry.
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Construction
RTC-1 Employment Services
Al Fattan Ship Industry
|Abu Dhabi||30 Aug|
Project Engineer - Construction
Electro Mechanical Engineer
Baalbaki Chemical Industries (BCI)