Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we will assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
The Senior Technical Writer we are searching for is part of an international team creating mobile products in DarkMatter. The job is located in Abu Dhabi, UAE. You need to work as an individual in your area, but will be collaborating with other technical writers as well as with translators, marketing, programmers, project managers, and other specialists in Europe and Asia.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for designing, writing, revising and/or editing of technical papers and electronic documentation for product descriptions, manuals/guides, commercial applications, etc.
- You will analyze and interpret data and applications to determine appropriate syntax, style, and grammatical usage
- You will attend planning and development meetings to understand customer requirements
- Prepare illustrative material, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts, supporting slide/video production, serving as editor on specific publications including article selection, artwork coordination, production and distribution
- Provide updated product guide content
- Perform peer reviews of product documentation
- Perform UI text reviews to make sure text adheres to guides
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree with technical writing or English as major.
- Experience in writing, in general, over the span of your career
- Native English speaker
- Excellent communication skills
- Due to this is role where you are required to work with minimal guidance, we expect 8+ years of experience as technical writer
- Proven ability to write technical documentation in English - must provide samples
- A background in software development, preferably in mobile devices domain or security
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.