Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we will assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Create unique, high-quality technical content (that includes in-depth technical overviews, high-level and low-level designs, standard operating procedures, incident response plans, proposals, work instructions, process flows).
- Research, write, edit, and proofread complex technical data for use in documents or sections of documents to present highly technical information in a less technical way.
- Gather information and create documents in collaboration with relevant Subject Matter Experts which involves conducting interviews with analysts, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel.
- Continuously review and update existing documentation.
- Manage the review process for revised and new content, with a team of very busy Subject Matter Experts.
- Develop strict standards for keeping, managing, and making documents available to an organization.
- Manage the road map for documentation control and management.
- Maintain consistency of documents with organization-wide standards.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- University or Bachelor degree in communications, journalism, technical writing or related field.
- Relevant experience in technical writing
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, image processing software, diagramming software like Visio.
- Expertise in desktop publishing, word processing, presentation software, and on-line document management software.
- Strong research skills and ability to pick up new technical concepts quickly.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent grammar, punctuation, planning and organizational skills.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with technical Subject Matter Experts including engineers, programmers and technical support staff.
Good to Have:
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix OS, Windows OS, Database technologies, and network infrastructure.
- Email, networking, security experience and or familiarity with SharePoint content management and versioning
- Knowledge and implementation of information security components, principles, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in the application of regulations and best practices such as NIST, NESA, ISO 27000 and international and government standards
- Effective self-starter with minimal shadowing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment with minimal supervision.
- Self-disciplined, team-goal oriented, and comfortable working to regular deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing responsibilities, situations, tools, and requirements.
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with others.
- Diplomatic but persistent when working with Subject Matter Experts.
- Dedicated to completing projects, and willing to go the extra mile when needed
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.