Job description / Role
Supervise and carry out the electrical maintenance, scheduled preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and breakdown maintenance to ensure effective operation of equipment.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Issue and control isolation certificates/electrical work permits in accordance with Company's safety regulations and the general rules to ensure safe operation and maintenance of electrical apparatus on power network.
- Obtain work permits, Isolation of electrical equipment up to 6.6 KV and 22 KV on specific instruction.
- Supervise and carry out repairs on various types of electrical equipment, which includes repairing or replacing defective parts, obtaining necessary suppliers, parts and tools as necessary and testing to ensure equipment functionality.
- Supervise planned and breakdown electrical maintenance work by electrical technicians and contractor personnel installations ensuring that work is done according to Company's specifications and standards/regulations.
- Identify and initiate necessary materials requisitions for replenishment of the stock to ensure adequate supplies of stores and spare parts required for maintenance and repair work in liaise with the Supervisor.
- Maintain up-to-date records of all maintenance work completed including work orders and maintenance log, describe the fault, work carried out and materials, time and manpower used, and record test results on various units for further reference.
- Perform minor modifications to plant electrical equipment and update the relevant drawings/documentation.
- To be proactive with a logical approach to challenges.
- Engage in new projects issues and upgraded equipment installation & Performance etc. follow-up.
- "ON Call" to attend electrical problems.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement and comply with all relevant functional policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures, to accomplish operational objectives.
- Provide on-the-job Training to meet Competency Based Training programs for UAE Nationalization.
- Maintain all tools, safety gear and equipment provided by company safely and in working condition.
- Arrange for repair or replacement of any tools and safety gear that may not be in good working condition.
- Carry out all maintenance jobs in line with assigned time standards.
- Inform the Maintenance Supervisor in case additional resources are required to carry out the job within the assigned time frame.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Contribute to the identification of areas and opportunities for continuous improvement in the operating procedures, modification of functional processes, machinery or equipment.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Participate in Emergency Response duties as a team member.
- Maintain the work environment clean and tidy before, during and after executing the job, in line with established standards of Hygiene and Housekeeping.
- Collect technical data from the field as required and provide inputs to prepare Section progress reports for Company Management.
- Provide input for the preparation of Method statements and initiate Near Miss reports.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Regular contacts with personnel at own or higher level in own department. Frequent contact with personnel in the Production Department.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Diploma in Electrical discipline / Secondary School Certificate with a vocational trade certificate in the relevant field
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 6 years of relevant experience maintaining electrical equipment within a large industrial plant, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Skilled in electrical fundamentals, drawings, electrical testing, substation & MCC.
- Skilled in power generation and distribution.
- Skilled in electrical faults & Protection Relays.
- Knowledgeable in PMS system
- Drive High Performance
- Work with and through others
- Lead by influence
- Exerts moderate physical effort for approximately 60% of the working time, lifting, pulling and using various electrical tools often in confined spaces or awkward positions.
- Approximately 85% of the working time is exposed to prevailing weather conditions, dust and noise when on site
About the Company
We are one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for Abu Dhabi’s growth and diversification.
We operate across the entire hydrocarbon value chain, through a network of fully-integrated businesses, with interests that range from exploration, production, storage, refining and distribution, to the development of a wide-range of petrochemical products.
Since 1971, we have created thousands of jobs, driven the growth of a diverse knowledge-based economy, and played a key role in Abu Dhabi’s global emergence.
Today, we continue to look for new and innovative ways to maximize the value of our resources, pioneering those approaches and technologies that will ensure we are able to meet the demands of an ever-changing energy market, and continue to have a positive impact on the Abu Dhabi economy for generations to come.