Job description / Role
Performs skilled mechanical maintenance activities at an advanced level at sites and supports engineering, construction and commissioning activities, onshore and offshore during project stage for static equipments (vessels, air coolers, tanks, columns, accumulators, pig launcher/receivers etc), utility packages, piping & valves.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
- Perform the role of performing authority/job officer by performing the task and directing the workforce, consisting of mechanical technicians, vendor representative and riggers during preventive / corrective / breakdown / shutdown / turnaround maintenance in the Super Complex and Well Head Towers.
- Receives work request from Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor. Attends directly to requests from various areas & WHTs for maintenance of different static equipments (vessels, air coolers, tanks, columns, accumulators, pig launcher/receivers etc), utility packages, piping & valves.
- Performs installation, removal, inspection and repair work of mechanical spare parts on utility packages, piping, valves etc, in accordance with O&M manuals.
- Safely directs assigned workforce (technicians, vendors, riggers, sub contractors) consisting of related skills, as well as participates in the workforce tasks.
- Works on passive fire protection coating of static equipments and supports in line with international codes and standards
- Performs piping & valves insulation and heat tracing maintenance work in addition to performs flange management using correct tools
- Assists the supervisor to improve the productivity of crew by making relevant recommendations as well as to achieve cost effective maintenance in addition to identify the requirement of spare parts and recommends its use on repair or replacement basis.
- Prepares inputs for Task Risk Assessments (TRAs) and monitors tools, spares and other materials for conformity with the order for its acceptance and fitness for use, on arrival of items.
- Checks and verifies the compliance of works executed by the contractors for its completion and technical acceptability.
- Carries out proper preservation and storage of spare parts & consumables as per vendor procedures.
- Prepares root cause analysis reports and fill up documents such as work permits, material request etc.
- Use maintenance management system for raising and closing WOs, PMRs, material requests etc.
- Provide comprehensive and detailed e-logbook handovers at the end of each shift and crew change.
- Supports engineering, construction and commissioning activities, onshore and offshore during project stage for static equipments and packages.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement and comply with all relevant functional policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures, to accomplish operational objectives.
- Provide on-the-job Training to meet Competency Based Training programs for UAE Nationalization.
- Maintain all tools, safety gear and equipment provided by company safely and in working condition.
- Arrange for repair or replacement of any tools and safety gear that may not be in good working condition.
- Carry out all maintenance jobs in line with assigned time standards.
- Inform the Maintenance Supervisor in case additional resources are required to carry out the job within the assigned time frame.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Contribute to the identification of areas and opportunities for continuous improvement in the operating procedures, modification of functional processes, machinery or equipment.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Participate in Emergency Response duties as a team member.
- Maintain the work environment clean and tidy before, during and after executing the job, in line with established standards of Hygiene and Housekeeping.
- Collect technical data from the field as required and provide inputs to prepare Section progress reports for Company Management.
- Provide input for the preparation of Method statements and initiate Near Miss reports.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Regular contact with team members, supervisors, line managers, and HSE staff
- Regular contact with work-related partners from other teams.
- Regular contact with vendors and contractors.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Technical Diploma in Mechanical discipline or Secondary Education Certificate with a vocational trade certificate in relevant field.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 6 years experience in Mechanical Maintenance activities in Oil and Gas Industry.
- Proficient in English.
- As per ADNOC standard competencies
- As per ADNOC standard competencies
- Physical Effort
- Sitting 20%
- Standing / walking / climbing 80%
- A/C Environment 20%
- Outdoors 80%
About the Company
We are one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for Abu Dhabi’s growth and diversification.
We operate across the entire hydrocarbon value chain, through a network of fully-integrated businesses, with interests that range from exploration, production, storage, refining and distribution, to the development of a wide-range of petrochemical products.
Since 1971, we have created thousands of jobs, driven the growth of a diverse knowledge-based economy, and played a key role in Abu Dhabi’s global emergence.
Today, we continue to look for new and innovative ways to maximize the value of our resources, pioneering those approaches and technologies that will ensure we are able to meet the demands of an ever-changing energy market, and continue to have a positive impact on the Abu Dhabi economy for generations to come.