Job description / Role
SENER are currently seeking a Senior Track and Alignment Engineer to join our office in Abu Dhabi (UAE).
His/Her responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Able to propose a practical solution for clients to overcome different types of site and construction matters related to railway track and alignment.
• Ensuring that the Track and Alignment are designed in accordance with the accepted industry practices and procedures
• Liaising with checker engineers on the review and approval of design calculations and drawings.
• Preparing calculations, drawings, programmes, and cost estimates for specific jobs
• Project and team administration duties
• Producing project related correspondence, reports, and presentations
• Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision
• Liaising with clients and local authorities for projected related matters and requirements.
• Providing guidance and mentorship to more junior engineers to enhance the team's skillset.
• Assisting in/or delivering projects for government and local developer clients
• Assisting in preparing bids and developing client relationships
• BSc degree in Bridge, Civil/Rail Engineering, ideally MSc level or equivalent
• 10-15 years of related experience with strong knowledge of local construction practices.
• Experience of multidisciplinary Rail Projects from Concept and Feasibility Schemes through to Detailed Design and Construction Support
• Experience in rail alignment and trackwork design, including plain route, switch & crossing design, and depots
• Proven design and project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget
• Knowledge of International (European, British, AREMA, etc.) standards
• Sound knowledge of track interfaces with other systems such signalling, traction power, civils etc.
• Knowledge of alignment software tools: Bentley Rail Track, Autodesk Civil 3D
• General knowledge of CAD software such as Microstation or AutoCAD.
• General MS Office experience.
• Track record in achieving deadlines
• Good written and communication skills.
• Enthusiastic attitude positive thinking and highly committed towards his/her assignment.
• A self-motivated team player with the ability to motivate others, to support the business.
About the Company
SENER is an Engineering and Construction company backed by 60 years’ experience.
Innovation, commitment to quality and independence are our corporate values.
Founded in Spain, today we are an international leader in: - Aerospace Engineering - Infrastructures and Transport - Power and Process - Marine Engineering.
More than 2,500 professionals and a dozen offices located in Algiers, Argentina, Brazil, China, Colombia, the United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, India, Japan, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Santiago de Chile, Spain and South Korea are proof of our potential as a company; our aim is to offer our customers and society solutions and products that are technologically efficient and innovative.
Our aim at SENER is to develop engineering projects, production and construction activities and systems integration.
We undertake our work fully aware of our duty to generate added value in everything we do, to satisfy employees, stockholders and investors, as well as to make investments that contribute to their development.