Job description / Role
Senior Transport Administrator
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking for a Senior Transport Administrator to join the team at MELABS. The purpose of the position is to support the Asset & Transport Team Leader to effectively execute tasks such as driver allocation, pool vehicle management, record keeping, compilation and issuance of reports. Also, responsible for working autonomously on a shift basis and providing instructions and guidance to the driver pool as required.
- Monitor the fleet management software system (CAFM) and allocate any new transport tasks to the driver pool
- Provide the Work Order and the vehicle key to the drivers before the commencement of transportation tasks
- Monitor the ADF Pool Vehicle Fleet in CAFM and allocate any new vehicle requests immediately
- Track the ADF Pool vehicle usage for month end reporting
- Ensure all ADF Pool vehicles are maintained, cleaned and fueled at all times
- Inspect the ADF Pool fleet and the Transport Fleet on a daily basis and report any damages to the line management
- Oversea the team of Serco administrators and sub-contractor drivers on a daily basis to ensure operational continuity
- Report any incidents/accidents to the Fleet Operations Team Leader immediately
- During the non-standard business hours, stay in the Transport office at all times to monitor the current transport operations
- Compiling of reports, record keeping and data collection
- Collection of completed work orders from the driver fleet
- Monitoring asset hire service due dates and arranging the bookings as required
- Manage the customer pool vehicle fleet in absence of the Fleet Operations Team Leader
- Carry out all other duties as directed by the line management to the benefit of the Serco services to the Client.
- Provide effective communication with management, peers, client, subcontractors, carry out other duties as directed by the line management
- Ensure all data for Transport Fleet and the ADF Pool Fleet is captured in CAFM and all records are up to date
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Experience operating in an autonomous capacity
- Experience with shift working
- Customer Service experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills at an individual and team level.
- Knowledge of the property and facility management sector
- Technical knowledge of building services operations an advantage
- Experience in use of Maximo or CAFM system an advantage
- Be courteous and respectful providing customer service excellence
- Excellent customer service communication skills
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high-pressure environment
- Minimum 3 years' experience as an administrator in an operational environment.
- Possess valid UAE driving license grade 3 (light vehicle)
- Intermediate skills with MS office tools
- Must be able to communicate in English (verbal, reading & writing), Arabic an advantage
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.