Job description / Role
Responsible for performing various cash, disbursement, and cash accounting activities within the Corporate Treasury function. The role is primarily focused on the General Ledger duties of a treasury department and includes performing accounting functions within the various financial systems, bank reconciliations, audit inquiries, and backup of other core treasury functions, e.g. cash position and electronic payments, as assigned. This individual may be required to provide input to or participate in various projects and will perform other duties as requested.
• Actively follow and promote the Company Safety and Security policies and ensure that fellow employees and visitors are doing the same.
• These policies are to be always followed within the Company environment so as to ensure a safe and secure workplace for all.
• Cash flow maintaining and forecasting duties for a corporate account.
• Prepare and manage all payment transfers both inter-company and via banks.
• Ensure activities posted to both cash and clearing GL accounts are reviewed and reconciled in a timely manner
• Perform bank reconciliations - reconciliation of the bank statement against the GL and reconciliation of any assigned clearing accounts
• Respond to audit inquiries in a timely manner; as required, make calls to the bank directly to clarify adjustments or to clarify items on the bank statements in order to reconcile activity or properly code it; liaise with auditors to confirm bank balances as of a certain date
• Uses various cash management programs as directed.
• Serve as System Administrator for Treasury related systems and related document archiving.
• Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc).
• Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
• Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
• Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
• Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
• Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
• Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
• Experience working in family businesses – handle personal accounts of family members, reconciling books, asset management, etc.
• Experience in dealing with banking institutions.
• Experience or exposure to wealth management is preferred.
• Excellent reporting skills.
• Business degree preferably in finance, accounting, business or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting, treasury or finance environment GL accounting background.
• Driving Performance
• Decision Making
• Developing Others
• Strategic Thinking
• Change Management
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.
Senior Accountant - Receivable and Payable Accounts Experience
De Rigo Vision Middle East FZCO
A Leading Pharmaceuticals Company In The UAE
Finance & Accounts Manager
Deputy Finance Manager
Ziad Galadari Group