This position is closed or expired.
See other Architecture jobs
We are currently seeking a Senior Urban Planner to work in their Dubai office. This is a great opportunity to be involved with some of the regions most exciting infrastructure and large housing project planning. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to Project Team Management
- Lead and work closely with assigned team members and ensure they are given clear instructions about the work. Implement approved Government policies, processes, procedures for work and people management and monitor their adherence so that work is conducted efficiently. Physical Planning
- Lead in the planning and design of areas, including the layout of blocks, streets, open spaces, and the allocation of land uses, densities, heights and other planning considerations. Project Planning
- Prepare work programs to translate project objectives provided by the Client into detailed plans and take on the responsibility to subdivide work assignments and tasks to the project team. Project Management and Implementation
- Implement required measures during the project management process and lead the team by resolving any problems, technical issues or deviations from plans to ensure that project progress is maintained as per plan. Reporting
- Report to the Client on a daily basis about all aspects of the projects under implementation by the team and seek the advice, guidance and intervention to overcome a challenge or delay. Relationships with External Agencies
- Maintain contact and coordination with the multiple external agencies involved in the translation of the Government\'s development mandate and master plan objectives into work plans through maintaining meaningful working relationships to facilitate a shared understanding. Consultants and Service Providers
- Lead the process of consultant monitoring for the assigned area and implement the guidelines for review and monitoring to ensure consultants
- output conforms to defined standards
- Bachelors degree required in Urban Planning, Urban Design or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive Urban Planning & Design experience leading interdisciplinary teams for a variety of projects in the Middle East region Experience in affordable housing, urban renewal & revitalization projects.
- Experience with producing master plans, urban design plans, conceptual design and layout Critical understanding of the influence and potential of urban design in regenerating urban areas and developing sustainable communities Strong leaderships and organizational skills.
- Creative thinking and an in depth understanding of current best practice Ability to involve and represent wide-ranging and diverse interests in the development planning and design process and to reconcile conflicting demands.
- Experience in managing consultants and overseeing a budget Good interpersonal skills and the ability to make public presentations.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize, work effectively in a dynamic team environment and work autonomously Demonstrated ability to advance contemporary planning, urban design and open space design principles in a variety of urban and suburban contexts.
- Strong project management skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.