Job description / Role
The purpose of the role is to direct and manage Group-wide VAT planning, implementation of VAT and ensure compliance to VAT laws and regulations.
Reporting to the Group Head of Tax, you will play a key-role as the overall tax function of this extremely well established business is rebuilt and redesigned from scratch.
My client is a major Family Holding Group, known for their presence in sectors such as Automotive, Retail, Real Estate & many more. They have a strong regional presence and have built their success on the foundation of decades of experience.
The key responsibilities of the Senior VAT Manager will include, but not be limited to;
* Provide support to the Head of Tax in managing indirect taxes of the Group
* Develop and implement plans to ensure VAT compliance with local laws and accounting standards
* Identify opportunities for improvement in the company tax positions within the limits of tax risk management
* Contribute to the improvements and the solutions of Tax business processes
* Advise businesses on VAT matters, review VAT procedures and business processes in line with the VAT Law to ensure VAT compliance, ensure effective VAT Controls are in place and review VAT Returns prior to filing
* Streamline VAT processes through automation
* Ensure correct and timely filing of all indirect tax compliance based on country specific tax calendars
* Minimise VAT liabilities and compliance issues
* Manage changes and updates from authorities and actively manage unclear positions with authorities
* Manage tax audits and clarification requests from Tax authorities, ensure timely payment of tax liabilities and follow up for tax refunds
* Manage the review of positions on tax accounts and ensure correct representation of tax balances on general ledger
* Ensure all documents and process documents are collected on a central database and handle requests for VAT information
* Liaise with relevant managers and stakeholders to ensure full collaboration and understanding on critical topics
* Maintain good rapport with the businesses
* Collaborate and respond to requests from finance and other business functions
* Conduct relevant workshops / training throughout the year to keep businesses up to date on compliance regulations
* Conduct relevant workshops/training throughout the year to keep business up to date on VAT compliance regulations
* Guide and motivate subordinates to enhance performance and produce quality work and ensure that they are continuously developed for higher level roles
* Prepare performance evaluation and appraisal reports of direct reports to assess subordinate's productivity and progress and identify training needs of team members to improve efficiency and ensure conformity with standard procedures and practices
* Communicate any organisational changes and mitigate risks through effective change management
* Maintain and upgrade professional knowledge, management skills and domain expertise by using continuous learning & development tools
* Continual development of team. Develop training plan for junior members of the team
In return my client can offer a highly competitive package, commensurate with your level of experience and qualification.
The successful candidate should have;
* A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Finance
* A relevant Professional Qualification in Tax (CTA / ACA / ATT) or equivalent
* Minimum 8 years experience in tax / VAT roles, preferably within the UAE or GCC
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Assistant Finance Manager
A Leading TPA (Third Party Administrator) in Medical Insurance
Etisalat - UAE
|Abu Dhabi||29 Jun|
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC